Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disablity rating
I am wondering if your doctor recommends that you dont return to your previous kind of work will that mean a disablity rating of some sort???
Is there any kind of compensation you can ask for if this happens???
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!! thanks for your help!!

rising i was told by w/c dr to get a diff job also.
i wonder why they say that ?
so thaat if i was to quit my job then they dont have to pay for lost time or do they care?

I am curious too. That just happened to me. Still waiting to hear if anyone knows what happens when your not able to return to your career. Thanks.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Oh doctors in Iowa say that a lot ..........

So be prepared - remember they are working for the IC - not for you in most cases. Also remember in Iowa they have what is called Industrial impairment rating - this is different than the impairment rating to the body part. this includes what your ability to find a job with your restrictions will be diminished as well.

For an example. My 5% impairment rating became a 20% industrial impairment rating because of the restrictions that I have placed on me perm. So when you attorney starts talking about settlement - make sure you include industrial impairment when your talking impairment in Iowa.

Good morning there ,Eagle,,,,Good answer pooh, I was also told to change carreres, But at the average salery of 80-90,000$ dollors a year , I,m going back to my carrer. Doc/surgeon say,s I worked 31 year,s Why Don,t I retire????? RETIRE???? AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH ,NO WAY.Electrician.s never retire, We just kinda lose our spark.
Hey Eagle , Did you get around to tracing your Family history? (Indian).
On The Road to Recovery

I'm not sure of your State Rising, but in Pa. if you can't return to your previous job, and you are released with restrictions that force you to take a lower paying position, w/c supplements your pay. I don't have exact numbers, but it's something like 66 2/3% of the difference from your old job to your new one. Voc. Rehab is usually a joke, but they may offer you that. You may also be able to get a second opinion on your rating, so you may want to check on that. I am fighting total disability, SSDI has me disabled at 44yrs. old based only on my injury, no other Medical problems, and three other Dr.'s have me Totally disabled. Of course w/c says I'm not, so my Battle Rages on! I hope this helps a bit, Your States Website may have some info. for you, or if you have Counsel, you may want to speak to them. Best of Luck, I wish I could of helped more!!Wink

Same here. My treating Dr. has stated to me and in his depo that i will never be able to work not only at my job but any job. So many body parts that will affect even desk work. My employer stated in his depo that he cannot ( actually he will not) change the lifting requirement in my job. So I am trying to get well, as best I can, and will be very careful before settling anything. I can retire on my disabilty pension and apply for SSD and then maybe do some volunteer work to keep busy BUT I don't even see myself at this point working 3 days a week part time. Not fair to me to have to come home and ice my whole body or to an employer having to put up with me stopping work every 5 minutes to move all these body parts or to be calling in sick all the time. I'm not even close to this as I've just won my case so will take it slow, get well and take each issue as it comes up.

CAP

thanks for all your replies...........can someone explain what industial rating is????

Hi,
Not sure about Iowa, but I was given permanent lifetime restrictions by my IC MD, and also told I could no longer do my kind of work. I still get WC payments & I am in voc rehab now. The first thing they did was test me to see what type of job abilities/duties I was suited for...unfortunately I am a person who has their skills in their hands.....and no one wants to hire a one armmed (among other health probs) office person who can't do repetitive work, has no office skills, nor has a desire to do office work! I do not ever recall being given a disability rating. No matter what, if you are unable to work, and are in compliance with WC ....they gotta (are suppose to) pay you.
Good luck, Lilly Smile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas DD rating versus RME rating danitaw63 3 13,623 11-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Last Post: 1171
  need settlement % disablity chart muttley 16 31,054 01-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Lilly