Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. wants to make me Perm and stationary
on the 20th.
I don't agree with this.
If he does will my WC payments drop right away or do I get to ask for a QME before they effect the change?
I am in California.
Off work due to employer not being able to accomodate (restrictions are slowly getting less restrictive though so I am hopeful).
TIA

yes, it's likely Temporary disability will be stopped until the QME opinion is known.
If Permanent impairment is likely you can request advances.
You should consider applying for unemployment.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

What is your injury, and what specialty did you request for your QME? Have you already selected the doctor and set up an appt.? You only have 10 days from the time you get the list of the panel doctors to choose, or your I/C chooses for you.

QME is your only recourse. Have your QME appt. BEFORE you hire an attorney. In California, many attorneys will not take your case until you have had a QME. This is because once you are repped, you will have to have an AME (agreed medical examiner) and many are defense oriented. (not all!) Once you go to a QME, you will always go back to that QME, even after you are repped. It's to your advantage.

Like 1171 said, you may qualify for advance PD. Talk to your C/A about that.
Let Go, and Let God......

The Dr I am seeing hasn't done the assessment for permanent and stationary yet. It's scheduled for next week. My issue is i am NOT stationary....I am slowly getting better. I have been on TD 4 1/2 months.....it seems like he is rushing things to me.
My injury is low back...non surgical.
Can I ask for a different WC DR?...This guy really doesn't listen to me imho. My restrictions are slowly becoming LESS restrictive so I just don't "get" how I am perm and stationary.
Thanks all.
chrischris Wrote:What is your injury, and what specialty did you request for your QME? Have you already selected the doctor and set up an appt.? You only have 10 days from the time you get the list of the panel doctors to choose, or your I/C chooses for you.

QME is your only recourse. Have your QME appt. BEFORE you hire an attorney. In California, many attorneys will not take your case until you have had a QME. This is because once you are repped, you will have to have an AME (agreed medical examiner) and many are defense oriented. (not all!) Once you go to a QME, you will always go back to that QME, even after you are repped. It's to your advantage.

Like 1171 said, you may qualify for advance PD. Talk to your C/A about that.

you can change doctors within the carriers Medical Provider Network at any time. Notify the carrier of your choice.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NC - perm partial disability - multiple MDs to rate the part for different Dx HeyNowNC 3 3,897 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 28,491 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Question Permanent & Stationary (P&S) DISGUSTED TO THE T 12 9,016 12-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  perm total disability awarded/atty fees lisawilson7991 4 6,699 07-29-2014, 10:17 PM
  Another question..re. settlements vs. perm. disability lfoster21 14 15,765 04-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  finally getting perm rating, now what?? constantpain 5 5,982 06-12-2013, 11:32 AM
  AME permanent and stationary report and work restrictions jenlesmill 3 15,225 11-11-2011, 06:12 PM
  permanent stationary epperssa 2 7,247 01-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Last Post: down
  Dr. wants to make me Permenant and stationary cat27 4 5,853 10-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Last Post: cat27
  Permanent & Stationary in Calif. Pookiewood 2 29,659 09-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Pookiewood