Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
investigation
I just heard from my lawyer that w/c did an investigation on me. The information my lawyer had was all wrong. It is like it was not me. he said don't worry will worry about it at the end.

I wanted to ask him how and why they did an investigation, but I was a little taken back, and then we got side tracked.

Anyone know why and how they do an investigation?

Thanks for any answers and or advice.

I am surprised at this. But, having said that, I have heard of this type of thing happening. When I first joined the forum I had read of some people being "watched" to make sure that they are actually as injured as they are stating. It has not happened to me, and I have not heard of anyone I know being watched either. I did used to watch some programmes in England which actually documented private investigators make regular checks on people out of work because of illness or injuries. It has nothing to do with insurance companies, but with employers having to provide benefits to that employee whilst out on a Dr's Note. These benefits include house payments, and a weekly giro cheque to provide funds for food, etc. These investigations seemed to be particularly sinister. But, they did show people doing things like gardening, heavy lifting, and actually going out to another paid job, usually cash in hand type jobs. If it is a practice over there I can't imagine that this type of investigation isn't done over here.

Have you noticed anyone unknown about your residence in the recent past? Someone parked just down the road or something. I don't actually know what you would look for. They would have to be pretty close by to see anything....or maybe they are just checking up on some of the statements made by a doctor. I don't know. But I am sure someone on here will have some more solid information for you.

It's quite common for W/C to do an investigation, to make sure that your claim was valid, etc.

W/C approached my friends, co-workers, etc.

Earlier this year a detective gave respondent a picture of someone doing gardening work. That photo made it to court, only for the purpose of showing it to my attorney.
Who in turn showed it to me. It was a blonde female in the picture, problem though, it wasn't me, it was my neighbor, she's blonde, she's not quite my size though. I'm 5'3" she's 5'11". Respondent had a note for my lawyer, it said: "We will no longer be hiring this firm."

I live in a small town so it's very easy to call my local police chief and have him harass the PI's. 'Don' is about 6'7", 315lbs, not someone you want to tangle with.

there is no one set of reasons.
there is no one method of investigation; it depends on what information they want.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

This is what I thought. I fully expect that someone will be checking on me sometime soon. My surgeon put forward that I needed someone to come in and help me with housework, since I can no longer do it. I don't think that w/c will cover that anyhow, but now they will probably want to check the validity of the surgeons notes. And since there is not so much known about Tarlovs, they will probably make all sorts of wrong assumptions. My problem is that I can do things, but later in the day and the next few days, I get horrific pain that cripples me. Then it all goes down again. So basically I am stuck. This isn't like a herniation where you feel the pain when you do something. This is where the pain kicks you in the arse after you've done something. So sometimes you don't even know if you've done something wrong...just find out the next day. And I am beginning to suspect that stress has something to do with it as well.

You might want to think about what things you might have been doing recently that they might have checked on. You should be ok if you kept within the restrictions that your doctor gave you.

I've been Followed Extensively due to the Nature of My Injury and it's Monetary Value, and it's been On and Off Again for 5 Years now. Never has One Minute of Film,or One Photo made it to the Hearings Room!! As long as Your Case is True, and You are Acting within Your Restrictions, You'll be Fine!!Wink

I have not done anything out of the bounds of my restrictions. I live in the middle of nowhere, over 11 miles on dirt road, my driveway is very long. no one could come out here that I would not know about. I was let go from work about 2 months after my injury so I dont think my ex-employer cares.

What information could they want? Other than if my injuries were not real, and I have medical proof of everthing I have claimed.

I just think it is strange, and with the information the lawyer gave me that was very wrong, who knows.

as I posted, the word "investigation" covers a broad range of activity.
could be just the gathering of public records or online data, verifying information about the claim.
it doesn't have to mean surveillance or even active inquiries; many "investigations" are just record searches. it all depends.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you 1171

mpenny Wrote:I just heard from my lawyer that w/c did an investigation on me. The information my lawyer had was all wrong. It is like it was not me. he said don't worry will worry about it at the end.

I wanted to ask him how and why they did an investigation, but I was a little taken back, and then we got side tracked.

Anyone know why and how they do an investigation?

Thanks for any answers and or advice.

It's very possible your employers insurance carrier and/or opposing lawyers had some sort of mix-up or surveilled the wrong person, even. It's happened before.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Possible investigation by state, respondent lying. bodybuilder1958 5 4,572 01-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Investigation Reports Llanonite` 3 4,369 04-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Last Post: hurt at work