Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperate to help my Mom
Greetings all. My name is Hope, I work in Iraq. My Mother is the sweetest, most wonderful woman in the world and I am desperate to find her some help. She has been sufferring with a severe neck and shoulder injury from work for the last two years now. Very recently W/C has finally agreed to get on board and begin covering for medical treatment. It is however still painfully difficult to actually get them to pay for anything. The worst part is that the stress my Mother is enduring is only making her go downhill. Her Doctor has concluded that the affects of her injury are permanent and she will never fully recover. He agrees that the best thing for her is to push for a medical retirement. I've been trying to conduct some research but it is difficult from where I am. Certainly the experts in this situation are all of you who deal with W/C every day so I am asking for your help. Does anyone have any advice on what measures can be taken to help my Mom with a medical retirement? Are there ways of helping the process along? Does anyone recommend any websites I can use to learn more that may help her as well? I thank you all for taking the time to read this and for any help you can give me. It means more than I can say. God bless.

Hi Hope,

Not knowing any specifics about your mom's situation, I would say for you to start with helping her apply for social security disability.
http://www.ssa.gov/disability/ I think you can apply online to get the ball rolling, and it does take time and she has to meet all the qualifications.

If your mom has a retirement plan thru her employer, then she needs to contact them for specific information. I know my State retirement plan does not cover disability retirement if the injury is work related. However, that does not say your mom can't take an early retirement. Depending on her years of service, a disability retirement can be about the same amount as a service retirement. She should ask for a calculation on both scenarios, if she is eligible.

Hope this helps some. Good luck to you and your mom.
Let Go, and Let God......

Thank you so much for the fast response chrischris. I really appreciate the advice! Smile

Hope,
What state is your mother in? We have all the rules, laws and forms for every state right here on this site. You can go to the home page at http://www.workerscompensation.com to start your search there.

In fact, PM me (hit the PM button under this post), and I'll get you set up with a complimentary account in our WorkCompResearch.com system. We have it all in there. Compliance Reports by state, searchable statutes, case law and more. I just need you to confirm your email address, and if you give me a first/last name I'll personalize it. Your ID will remain completely confidential.

I have great respect for all of you in doing the work you are doing in Iraq. I can tell from the IP address you used that you are most likely not military, but you are doing a necessary and most likely thankless job nonetheless. Best of luck to you.

ADMIN.....You are the bestWink

Hope....what a wonderful daughter you are. Your mother is very lucky to have you. I agree with CC is checking out your mother's pension plan. I did and found that I can either retire on disability OR take an early retirement. In my case the retirement disability check for life is larger than an early retirement check would be and I will never see a lump sum from it as I would IF i waited until I am 62. Also I would get the ball rolling on SSD. Some are apporved within months and others it takes years. Also has to do with the age of the person (those over 50 seem to get approved faster). SSD also takes into account ALL health problems, not just the WC injuries.

God bless you and keep you safe.

CAP

Thank you CAP for the advice and kind words. I have forwarded all the postings to my Mom and I must say that she is deeply touched by the responses and genuine kindness from everyone, as am I. Admin suggested I tell all of you what state my Mom is from in order to possibly help her more. She lives in Arizona. I have seen my Mom's spirits rise in the last day and let me tell you she really needed the confidence boost. The continued support is sincerely appreciated by my entire family. Big Grin

I am in Colorado, at the 4corners area, I dunno how close I would be, but I am here. What kind of injury does your mom have? It might be easier for her to join us also(but don't you leave us, lol) so we can ask her questions in order to help her. WC is an awful nightmare for alot of us, and I know personally the support I have gotten here has helped me more then words can say.
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

Hope, I really don't know anything about Arizona law, but I noted admin's offer to set you up with a workcompresearch.com account. Did they do that? I am a workcompresearch subscriber and may be able to help you navigate the system. Let me know if I can help.

Hi Hope.
Can you believe the genuine concern & willingness of the people and Admin on this site to offer assistance!?!? There is much good in this world....and this post just confirmed that!
It gives me chills (good chills).
Good luck in your quest to help your mom from far far away!
LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Hello everyone... hope this message finds you all doing well.

Sithie- my Mom has a neck and shoulder injury that's actually been going on even longer than I'd stated in my first posting, time goes by so quickly. I will talk to her about joining the forum, but she doesn't use the Internet a lot so that's why I was poking around for her. W/C has been a nightmare for her as well and she definitely needs all the extra support she can get. Smile

Billybubba- I did get together with Admin who set up an account for us. I will definitely keep you in mind if we have future questions, thank you so much for your concern.

Lilly- The genuine outreach of support I have seen from this site really has blown my mind. It is so refreshing to find such kindness and concern from all of the people I've been blessed enough to encounter on this site. Thank you again to all of you who offer your kind words and assistance!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Desperate for answers California IC offered me cash to buy my life medical Sugarpuss44 5 3,890 08-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Desperate for help in Oregon kdalla55 5 7,161 03-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Last Post: 1171
  In desperate need of info!!! RE: workers comp insurance neglecting my med benifits brneyes33 10 13,069 09-10-2013, 01:48 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Tn, in desperate need of advise Garden lady 15 9,521 12-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Lilly