Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
was asked to quit my job
i hurt my self at work , torn rotorcuff and badly torn biecf muscle had surgey , sept. 16,09 , two weeks ago i could have gone back to work light duty with restrictions, only answering phones, but no driving allowed, w/c nurse told me to, called dr. he said no, so just had another appt. with dr. released light duty with some restrictions only 5lbs. per arm to lift, i am a mech. so not able to do that work now, went to work this morn. when boss saw restrictions he then said i need to quit or the home office was going to fine ways to get rid of me. so i left, saw lawyer, this afternoon, may have another job, but know have to talk to dr. what a mess.

if the employment is covered by FMLA you get 12 weeks of job protection while you are out of work
http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:if the employment is covered by FMLA you get 12 weeks of job protection while you are out of work
http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/

i read some where you had to be a least one year i was only there over three months and the home office of the company wanted me gone

yes, that's one of the requirements contained in the linked information.
you may also have rights to reasonable accommodation under ADA
http://www.ada.gov/
p.s. work comp benefits continue. you may want to notify the comp carrier that the employer is not willing to provide any modified work.
It's possible that by voluntarily quitting you may have jeoprodized partial disability payments.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:yes, that's one of the requirements contained in the linked information.
you may also have rights to reasonable accommodation under ADA
http://www.ada.gov/
p.s. work comp benefits continue. you may want to notify the comp carrier that the employer is not willing to provide any modified work.
It's possible that by voluntarily quitting you may have jeoprodized partial disability payments.

if i did not sign the paper work it was going to get very ugly for me and was told they would hold my tools for a month or more this came from home office, also my boss stated he would never agreed to saying all of this to me. i guess he was told he lose his job if he did not do this, in nh is a fire a will state

you might want to file a complaint with your state's labor commissioner.
There are good legal responses to employer itimidation.
most states have anti-discrimination provisions within their work comp laws.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

You may want to call the EEOC as well.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Also check with the local police about the tools if they don't want to return them

I wouldnt quit let em fire you then if for some reason TTD is stopped you may be able to get unemployment insurance
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSHA Frequently Asked COVID Questions 1171 0 1,123 10-07-2020, 12:24 PM
Last Post: 1171
  ust now Can I quit my job and do freelance work during workers comp? caworkerscompqs 1 2,143 01-30-2019, 04:32 PM
  Lawyer Quit Shadow 4 1,628 07-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Shadow
  Wanting to quit job for awhile...now out on leave... What to do? darkenedflame01 4 5,121 06-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Need to quit but need to keep seeing MD! claire51870 4 3,031 02-19-2016, 01:11 AM
Last Post: claire51870
  I was injured and then I quit my job Mrbigstuff 10 11,125 01-22-2016, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Mrbigstuff
  PQME asked for another test. I live out of state. maizyrose 8 7,274 07-15-2015, 02:42 PM
  TN Fired after WC claim, Quit light duty job after Surgery Tango 3 4,368 03-27-2015, 11:08 AM
  Should I quit or wait to be fired? I NEED HELP! ajdrivesayota 5 9,353 02-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Lawyer Quit at critical time shndar85 9 8,303 04-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Last Post: shndar85