Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats next.
Im new to this so kinda bare with me here. I was injured in may 08 had 1level spine fusion a little over a month ago. this is the second surgery. surgeon wants to send me back to work in dec. im still in alot of pain but realy want to go back to work and get this all over with. does anyone have anyidea how much a settlement for my case would be oh by way im 25 was injured liftin car parts into company car. central disc protusion l4 l5 more to the left pressin on the nerve as it passes and mild spinal stenosis. any help sure would be appreciated

ok we need your state and as much details as possiable.such as the type of work you do ...welcome to our world
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

autogirl Wrote:Im new to this so kinda bare with me here. I was injured in may 08 had 1level spine fusion a little over a month ago. this is the second surgery. surgeon wants to send me back to work in dec. im still in alot of pain but realy want to go back to work and get this all over with. does anyone have anyidea how much a settlement for my case would be oh by way im 25 was injured liftin car parts into company car. central disc protusion l4 l5 more to the left pressin on the nerve as it passes and mild spinal stenosis. any help sure would be appreciated
oh and im from wv went through all the injections like epidural faucet nerve root block. all those were pre op

i work in a auto parts store as a delivery driver. not sure when i go back if im goin to have my original job or not. but anyone that knows bout cars and have been in a parts store have seen the trype of work and what it intails. but surgeon says he is sendin me back to work and im wantin to go back to work loved my job. now i worked untill my 2nd surgery but have been off. missed days here and there when i was workin but didnt turn it in. and took off 4 weeks after my first surgery wich was a disc decompression

there is no way jayne or anyone else can price your settlement based on your state and the type of work you do.
additional disability benefits are based on impairment. do you have an impairment rating?
you should contact your carrier to get details and information about the settlement process and how to schedule a rating.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 is right I missunderstood your question...if you are put back to work with a disabilty rating then maybe we can give you a rough estimate but no one can give you an exact amount
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

im first ime they put me at 10% but that was before spinal fusion so im guessin they will have me do another ime any help at all would be greatly appreciated

I also would suggest if you can go back to work after that you do. If you are within your restrictions of working and it does not further injure you why not? It is very hard to find a job today and alot of people are also being laid off. Alof of us on here would love to go back to the job we use to do. I for one would of loved to continue my career as a phlebotomist but my right hand now has RSD that I have so much pain in it that I cannot trust holding a needle anymore.

I did find work doing admin work only to be laid off now a 1 1/2 after finding something within my restrictions. At 10% I received $7,500.00 with my impairment rating. I fought tooth and nail with them without a lawyer as my doctor put me at 32% with a right hand repetition injury of nerve damage. It was considered recurring carpal tunnel at the time of my award. I never had a lawyer which I suggest when it comes to settlement time as that is when I started finding I was having trouble. I wish you luck and I say hurry back to work if you can without further injuring yourself. Times are tough out there and if there is work I would take it, especially if you can do it and it is something you love to do.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

My old employer has been realy good to me with my job. And is holdin me a spot till igot back in december which is rare cause most places anymore dont look out for the little person. But it is like a family there to We just have to keep an eye out for things that would trigger back pain. Now they already started my permant dissablity award which i think was 7 thousand or so. How long do u think it would be after i go back to work before they try to settle out. And i dont have a lawyer have been representin myself thanks for any help

You are one of the lucky ones if your employer is holding a job for you and I hope if that is where you would like to return that it will work out for you. Anything to do with settlement money is very hard for almost anybody to help give you a number. A good number in your rating will help, but don't think folks are not trying to help by just asking more qiestions. Remember to thank your employer if things do work out and they can find work for you for that is sometime a rare thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  have anyone ever had a broken c6???? I wanna know whats in store for me??? alvinf478 1 2,703 02-11-2015, 01:31 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Whats after MMI Account details 20 19,504 05-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  whats next after my MMI preframe 3 5,230 04-18-2014, 02:43 PM
  crps/ wc whats gonna happen midget 6 8,195 01-27-2014, 01:36 PM
  whats best, permanent rating or continued therapy constantpain 7 8,020 01-26-2013, 11:19 PM
  Whats a Final report? lizdawiz82 2 5,373 09-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Last Post: brushhog
  whats happening to me Steveo190 5 6,805 08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
  Ca whats next lizsurfgal 4 6,019 01-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Last Post: lizsurfgal
  whats is this money for?? inpainokla 2 5,530 11-24-2009, 12:14 PM
  Whats Next Cervical_Fusion 4 4,593 11-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Lilly