Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. wants to make me Permenant and stationary
He has released me back to work (9/10/2009) before my FML ran out but thus far my employer has not accomidated. I am worried that if Dr makes me perm my WC money will be drastically reduced (I am getting close to what I was bring home right now). Do I HAVE to let him make me perm?I feel I can get better over time....physical therapist said to give it a year min. Injury was in Mar 2009, I wasn't taken off work til the end of June.
I am In California.
Also, would I be entitled to state disability? I am a nurse and it is hard to find jobs with the limitations I have from my back injury.
TIA.

I'm surprised the TTD was not stopped when you were released back to work; the work release must have been for modified work.
yes you can object to your doctor's opinion as to your permanent and stationary status.
you will need another doctor's opinion; a physical therapist is not authorized to make such a determination.
here is information on the QME process
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/FactSheets/FactSheet_E.pdf
If you are permanent and stationary SDI will not consider you temporarily disabled. you will be eligible for unemployment.
you can apply for SDI and they may pay while your objection is pending.
you should talk to them.
you may also be eligible for a retraining voucher
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/rehab.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Yes, I have restrictions on what I can do.
Do I need an opinion from a WC Dr or will my personal MD work?
Lastly, does the Dr seeing for WC now have the "final say" or do I need an eval from a QME first?
Thanks. This is really confusing AND stressful!
1171 Wrote:I'm surprised the TTD was not stopped when you were released back to work; the work release must have been for modified work.
yes you can object to your doctor's opinion as to your permanent and stationary status.
you will need another doctor's opinion; a physical therapist is not authorized to make such a determination.
here is information on the QME process
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/FactSheets/FactSheet_E.pdf
If you are permanent and stationary SDI will not consider you temporarily disabled. you will be eligible for unemployment.
you can apply for SDI and they may pay while your objection is pending.
you should talk to them.
you may also be eligible for a retraining voucher
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/rehab.html

if you are going to refute your treating doctors opinion you need to go thru the QME process, another doctor won't do.

yes it is confusing; complexity has grown with the costs.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you!

1171 Wrote:if you are going to refute your treating doctors opinion you need to go thru the QME process, another doctor won't do.

yes it is confusing. our medical care system is in a shabbles and needs reforming.
costs forced the comp system to institute a huge amount of regulations.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Permanent & Stationary (P&S) DISGUSTED TO THE T 12 9,281 12-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  AME permanent and stationary report and work restrictions jenlesmill 3 15,388 11-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Permenant Disability Cervical_Fusion 10 14,579 09-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  permanent stationary epperssa 2 7,300 01-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Last Post: down
  Dr. wants to make me Perm and stationary cat27 4 7,852 11-11-2009, 08:57 PM
  Permanent & Stationary in Calif. Pookiewood 2 29,731 09-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Pookiewood
Sad stuck - can't seem to reach "stable and stationary" cnaz 1 4,191 09-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  Perm & Stationary by QME! Jkirk526 2 5,564 06-14-2008, 10:46 AM
  can they make me? whitedovek 13 7,648 06-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Lilly