Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
third party election form????
To update everyone on my case, I am not driving bus anymore. They gave me permanent restrictions. They are now looking for another job for me. My L&I manager sent me a third party election form. I got injured on the job but my first surgery, the doctor cut my L5 nerve. Since then, I had my back fused. I have 60% loss in right leg that is going to be that way for the rest of my life. What do I do about the third party election form? Do I let them go after or do I?

I am in the state of Washington. My injury date was 9-3-07. first surgery 12-07 second surgery (fusion L5 S1 and nerve decompression) 11-08. Found out that the first doctor cut my nerve in April 09. My second doctor told me and my l&i nurse case manager that after he got both the emg results from before and after and after he did the surgery on me. He said my nerve was barely holding on together. That my first doctor cut it and tried to cover it up.

I have no clue what that is? Maybe someone else knows. I'm willing to learn more of this also...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I think washington has an agency refered to as "L&I "that manages the state work comp system.
Is that the state rules that your claim falls under? Is that where this form comes from?
are you in washington?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

soccerplayermom3 Wrote:I am in the state of Washington. My injury date was 9-3-07. first surgery 12-07 second surgery (fusion L5 S1 and nerve decompression) 11-08. Found out that the first doctor cut my nerve in April 09. My second doctor told me and my l&i nurse case manager that after he got both the emg results from before and after and after he did the surgery on me. He said my nerve was barely holding on together. That my first doctor cut it and tried to cover it up.

I think the legal advantages and/or pitfalls of either choice is best discussed with an atty. do you have a malpractice atty?
you can get general information here
http://www.lni.wa.gov/ClaimsIns/Claims/F...efault.asp

you should put your state in your user profile so we don't ask each time.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:
soccerplayermom3 Wrote:I am in the state of Washington. My injury date was 9-3-07. first surgery 12-07 second surgery (fusion L5 S1 and nerve decompression) 11-08. Found out that the first doctor cut my nerve in April 09. My second doctor told me and my l&i nurse case manager that after he got both the emg results from before and after and after he did the surgery on me. He said my nerve was barely holding on together. That my first doctor cut it and tried to cover it up.

I think the legal advantages and/or pitfalls of either choice is best discussed with an atty. do you have a malpractice atty?
you can get general information here
http://www.lni.wa.gov/ClaimsIns/Claims/F...efault.asp

you should put your state in your user profile so we don't ask each time.

I wrote it in my question where I am from but I can put it in my profile. Before I didn't want to because I was still driving city bus. I am no longer so it doesn't matter. I talked to one and she was suppost to get on it and I haven't heard from her since. That was a while ago. So I guess I will call another one. I have one that keeps wanting my case but I went with this lady because another att. told me about her. Thanks for the info.

one other thing, does that mean my employer wants to go after the doctor if I don't right? It only gives me two options. One I do it and if I win I have to pay them back or they do it and I don't get anything from it. Thing is, I got hurt on the job first. Not the doctor. The doctor came after I got hurt. So why should I pay them back if I win. The doctor caused me to have loss in my leg from cutting my L5. I have drop foot for the rest of my life. I didn't have surgery over that. I was going to but if I did get a tendon transfer, everytime I think I am pushing my foot down, it will come up. I said no way to that. It is the only one that is working in my leg so if something happens I will lose the use of my whole leg. No way do i want to take that chance. I just turned 36 a couple of days ago. I am too young to be like that. I know there is a lot of people younger in wheelchairs but if I can prevent it, i will.
I had to learn to walk again in the beginning of the year. That sucked! Now I can give my self my own showers and go to the rest room on my own. I don't want to rely on my husband again like that. Its a horrible feeling not being able to do things on your own. i am a very independant woman and I had to learn to let others help me. It hurts my proud. I went through depression over this and everything.

I have not seen a copy of your form and can't give legal advice. I have recommended you get an atty who can.
the law does not allow duplicate recovery for the same injury. comp will only require repayment of the benefits they provided for the doctor induced portion. benefits that are due solely to the original comp injury are not subject to re-imbursement.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C-4.3 form Andy1689 2 472 08-30-2019, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Andy1689
  Dr refused to fill out work restriction form Andy1689 8 549 08-26-2019, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Andy1689
  New claim in Massachusetts, do I sign Medical Authorization Release Form??? spoe.eops 3 367 05-30-2019, 09:21 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Dwc-1 claim form Lostandconfused 28 3,208 09-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Doctor lied on PR-2 form - CA BB019 18 7,200 06-20-2017, 01:52 PM
  Will signing a NOA form preclude me from taking further action against an employer? SoundofSilence 4 2,968 01-13-2016, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SoundofSilence
  SDI Form 2500A Certification for Cont. Benefits. Please help! neckpain101 1 5,225 08-18-2015, 08:38 PM
  Potential Third Party Lawsuit (New York WC Claimants- please read) ChimarenTaylor 9 12,806 09-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  How do third party lawsuits weezle735 3 5,137 02-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Last Post: workingmansjustice.org
  Form 36s chico1960 6 9,658 12-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Last Post: chico1960