Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this true
Now 'all Guns' must be listed

on your next (2010) tax return!

As if we didn’t have enough to get upset about!
If you have a gun, I hope it isn't registered!

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

| This bill was introduced on Feb.. 24, 2009, by the Omama staff. BUT . . this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective ! This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act o f 1986. This means that the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate voting on it at all.
|

The full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage,U.S. Senate<http://www.senate.gov/> You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099.
| You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.|

<Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S.... OpenCongress<http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text> |

Obama's Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Ac t of 2009.|

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar as a 'minor' IRS revision, and, as usuual, the 'political' lawmakers did not read this bill befre signing and approving it !

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

-It is registered -You are fingerprinted -You supply a current Driver's License -You supply your Social Security # -You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing -Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail. -There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. -They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many opt ions to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pas s this along.|

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not..

<Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)<http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45> :

<H.R.45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress <http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show>

<H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us) <http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45>

is this true? it came in my Email from sithie and I dont have time right now to research it can someone tell me if this is right..
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Well if it is it is bull sh^t as I have a life time gun permit and they have all my info and prints and in my state they do a full back ground check and you have to be clean or you will not get a license to carry a gun.Just another way to make us pay for the all the money they waste on stupid crap.I done not have any of my guns registered and I have a lot of cop friends that said not to and the only guns they have registered are there carring gun.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Didn't, I repeat, this did nmot pass and is not active;

SB-2099 - Tax on your guns or internet rumor?

On ISRA receives several emails a week, asking about the validity of something like this:

Federal law requiring disclosure of all guns on your tax forms

Subject: senate bill SB-2099 / amendment to internal revenue act of 1986

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

This bill was introduced on Feb. 24. This bill will become public knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law. This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all..

The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage, http://www.senate.gov/ You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099.

You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.

So what is this? And if it is a threat, why hasn't the ISRA or the NRA urged you to take action?

There really was a Senate Bill 2099, introduced by anti-gunner Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI) but it was in the year 2000. And it didn't go anywhere.

What this bill would have done would have expanded the National Firearms Act of 1934 to encompass all common firearms to tax and register their sale with the same kind of bureaucracy that goes along with the transfer of machine guns, short-barreled shotguns, and silencers. The $50 tax and the fingerprinting were indeed part of the attempt, but nothing to do with your Form 1040.

But, to repeat, it's old, it's dead, it's not going anywhere, thanks to the vigilance of gun owners across the nation.

Update:
Later versions of email about SB-2099 add confusion by describing, in the same post, HR-45, submitted by Congressman Bobby Rush (IL1-D), the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009. This bill is very far reaching, so much so that is has no support from any of Bobby Rush's peers. Repeat, the bill has no support, no sponsors other than Rush. Congressman Rush submits a similar bill every session, and it never goes anywhere. The ISRA and other Second Amendment supporters will remain vigilant, but the email messages making the rounds make passage of the bill seem eminent. The bill is stagnant, not moving.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Is it true that . . . Senate Bill SB-2099 will require owners of firearms to pay a $50 charge per gun and list each gun on their federal tax form?

The answer is no. This Internet rumor states that SB-2099 is legislation currently being considered by the Senate. The bill supposedly requires owners of firearms to list on their 1040 tax return all guns they own and then pay a $50 charge per firearm. There is no such legislation by this name in the 111th Congress.

The facts:

The last bill given the number S. 2099 was in the 105th Congress. This bill dealt with federal sentencing guidelines for counterfeiting offenses.
Legislation that the Senate is currently working on will be listed on the Active Legislation page or can be searched for on Thomas. For more information about the legislative process or finding bills, please see the Legislation VRD page.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Began in 2000, he wasn't even there yet. What the hell crap is this...

Once again Blame the Black guy, and it's not even taking place....Cool

at times i feel as if I'm watching the "Insider's" Is This A Hoax or True!

how do different people get two different stories on info this important. I know what's entertainment and what's news, I believe almost nothing I read on the internet especially on U-tube. So where do you get the facts? I have heard almost every TV station be criticized. I watch my local news and the journalists from the White House for info on health care reform and the war at this time. I also at night watch MSNBC for the news of the day at times. Where does everyone else get their info?

Go to the gov web site provided in the starting thread. From there you get the truth. It was easy.... LMAO...Wink

So, no, it is not, and has not taken place.

Only Bill given such number is as follows...

The last bill given the number S. 2099 was in the 105th Congress. This bill dealt with federal sentencing guidelines for counterfeiting offenses.

thank you BBBB
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Badboy...I don't see a website listed in the beginning thread. Also I would like to ask Jayne if she got her info from the same site and if not where she got her info. I'm very curious as to what to trust and what not to.Smile

http://www.senate.gov/

Go to site, in search, type in like this, SB 2099 and hit enter.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazing...but could be true! MJC 75 49,163 09-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Last Post: jayne
  cute and true jayne 4 3,565 06-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Last Post: RNvic
Shy A very true Story Bad Boy Bad Boy 7 6,720 02-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  A True American "Idol" chrischris 3 3,919 08-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Last Post: RNvic
  How true collateraldamage5591 2 1,837 03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Last Post: CRABBY
  one to add to the idiot pick true story backache 5 3,482 02-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Last Post: red1030
  How True this is Tuffy Thanks CRABBY 7 3,527 02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Last Post: ksgirl
  The true meaning of Christmas backache 7 3,667 12-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Need to know if this is true about MRI's monster 23 10,051 08-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Truckster