Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are all my documents and information coming from the Opposing Law Firm
I have left several messages and sent several faxes to my lawyer, but I have not heard from nor received anything from their office for over a month, not even after the priority conference a couple of weeks ago. I have received documents from the opposing law firm letting me know what they will and won't do and that they have set up an AME in 4 months, but not a thing from my own attorney. Can anybody explain that? I have questions and need some clarification.

My first concern here is why are you receiving anything straight from the opposing law firm. Everything of mine goes 1st thru my Attorney and he sends it to me if needed or calls etc.

As far as no communication with a Attorney, this can br fairly common especially if there is nothing to discuss. I have spoken to my Attorney 2 times since mediation in May but there is nothing new.

I do not think the opposing IC should be dealing directly with you. That is odd unless I am not understanding something here. My Attorney's would "flip over backwards" if they did a stunt like this with me.

freebird Wrote:My first concern here is why are you receiving anything straight from the opposing law firm. Everything of mine goes 1st thru my Attorney and he sends it to me if needed or calls etc.

As far as no communication with a Attorney, this can br fairly common especially if there is nothing to discuss. I have spoken to my Attorney 2 times since mediation in May but there is nothing new.

I do not think the opposing IC should be dealing directly with you. That is odd unless I am not understanding something here. My Attorney's would "flip over backwards" if they did a stunt like this with me.

Thanks, I have informed my attorney via the above mentioned messages that I have received the documents from the opposing law firm. These documents do say cc'd to my attorney, physician etc, but I have questions and why like you said is my attorney not looking them over then sending to me?

Anything that referred to legal issues I received directly from the opposing attorney or the Dept. Of Labor and Industry. The were always cc to my attorney. Within 48 hours I would receive a phone call or letter from my attorney referencing whatever I rec'd. This is normal for alot of law firms. Nothing illegal about it. All should be open for discussion once you and your attorney have rec'd the same letter. All IME appt., my IR, al came from th eopposing side and also from my attorney. Anything that had to do with hearings, appeals, petitions, came for the courts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I Change Lawyer/Firm after 4+ yrs??? MrChicago 3 1,416 07-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: 1171
  California Defense Firm Not Happy..... heatonsgal 2 1,948 06-15-2016, 06:46 PM
Last Post: heatonsgal
  Law Firm "Inattentive" Vinnyherman 1 1,811 07-10-2014, 08:37 PM
  opposing counsel in workers comp case in FL kristin0 3 6,323 11-02-2011, 03:49 PM
  up coming IME grumpyone 15 8,432 09-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Last Post: grumpyone
  Group Of Lawyers In A Firm greenjob 2 3,360 09-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Last Post: greenjob
  Coming to an end? jobo99 6 6,357 11-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Last Post: jobo99
  Hearing documents sparkey 2 2,000 06-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: hurt at work