Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
settlement update
ok so i called my lawyer and asked about my settlement. he said as of thursday the ins comp has chamged their mind.from what my lawyer told me the reason is because they have me set to see an ime nov 4th and im thinking they want to see the results. now this is the 3rd time im seeing this ime and he was the one every time that say i have at the least a permanant partial to moserate disibility.he said just from the fusion i have had done under nys law weather good or bad results still give me a peranant disibility. i dont understand why they changed their minds all the sudden?

Because it isn't just about the fusion, didn't you just go through rounds of appeals for adding on to the injury? This is what they may try to combat.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

no the only rounds of appeals i went through were for the stopage of ttd. the main focus is on the fusion and this is what they wanted to settle on now they dont??? makes no sense. and im going to the same ime for the 4th time this is the one that gave me a permanant disiblity just for the fusion alone good or nad per nys laws. why would they withdraw their offer?

Blake, I think your wrong, you went through rounds of appeals to get TTD checks reinstated, because you claimed you started have more problems after the fusions. Like reopening your medical. I remember this. Being said, why not withdraw. I said sometimes, just sometimes, we can become our worst enemy in this system if not careful.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

even if thats the case they knew that. my lawyer said it was not my claims adj that called him back it was a woman who was higher up. then why ask 2 days before that if i was interested in settling? something stinks and i really hope they didint buy this ime off as they are known to do. makes no sense why they are sending back to this guy for te 4th time when evey time he says the same thing?

Blake, just what is it, you want the IC to do for you?

You want to stay on a reduced TTD check, or you want medical, or do you want to settle your claim? You not making sense, as each thread you start, you seem to want something different. Your way to hyper for all this. And that is going to cause you problems in this Work comp system, as the squeaky wheel may not always get the oil it may need. Somethings going to backfire, I say caution before you crash and burn... Blake your a dime in a bucket of dollars to these people, you think they care?

If you had accepted their offer it would have been over. Now they are just gonna screw with you. The next offer won't be as generous.

it wasny an pfficial offer they had just contacted my lawyer to see if i was interested and by ther time i called back in 2 days they changed their mind why?

Nothing in writing, means just that meaningless. So as you see there then wasn't even an offer on the table. Makes sense, they done nothing shot the bull is all, it is meaningless, yet you refuse to understand this. Could be, your attorney had told you this, just to see how high you would jump. You will never know, for there isn't a single thing on paper about it.

Blake don't skip post that mean something;
Blake, just what is it, you want the IC to do for you?

You want to stay on a reduced TTD check, or you want medical, or do you want to settle your claim? You not making sense, as each thread you start, you seem to want something different. Your way to hyper for all this. And that is going to cause you problems in this Work comp system, as the squeaky wheel may not always get the oil it may need. Somethings going to backfire, I say caution before you crash and burn... Blake your a dime in a bucket of dollars to these people, you think they care?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settlement update kb33dawgs 13 9,953 02-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Update (settlement) debysu47 5 3,419 08-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ksgirl