Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
c-84 adding a condition in oho
got hurt one year ago at work, my back. had a mri done it showed disc buldge at the L4-L5 and L5-S1 one of my doctors said epidoral injection on the L5-S1 did not work for the pain I was sent to see a surgeon ayear later, he did a ct mylogram both disc have now ruptured and the L4 is sitting on my nerve (painful) he wants to do surgery ,but because the first doctor didn't add the L4 yo my claim I now needto have it put on. So my question --the mri was done two days after I got hurt and showed the L4 wiill it be a problem getting it added on now that I need Surgery(fusion)

I don't think you going to have much of a problem with this. I will tell you this; Go to the MRI place, as for a copy of the MRI and the writen report. Save it, then go and sign a release to any doctor or surgeon and ask for your medical records, chart notes, soap notes. Get copies, and then make atleast 4 copies of each for later use. You then can send them to your treating surgeon. Save copies always. Call your adjuster and talk to them, ask if they need the copies of this, and medical, if so, send them off. If you start having problems with the Insurance I then say get an Attorney to help you out.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

like all things in comp...maybe.

Your Dr. must link the two to a reasonable degree of medical certainty

it'll be a problem if there is medical opinion that doesn't support the connection.
the carrier is allowed a consult.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Is this the State oh Ohio? Because OH - (c-84) is, Request for Temporary Total Compensation

I'm thinking Form > OH - (C-9) Physicians Request for Medical Service or Recommendation for Additional Conditions for Industrial Injury or Occupational Disease

is what you and your surgeon want.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Is this the State oh Ohio? Because OH - (c-84) is, Request for Temporary Total Compensation

I'm thinking Form > OH - (C-9) Physicians Request for Medical Service or Recommendation for Additional Conditions for Industrial Injury or Occupational Disease

is what you and your surgeon want.

C-84 form in Ohio is used to request Temp Total Disability
C-9 form in Ohio is a form the Dr uses to request treatment. new conditions to be added to a claim must first be sumbitted by a dr on a c-9 form for approval.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

(10-16-2009, 03:53 PM)Cycler Wrote: like all things in comp...maybe.

Your Dr. must link the two to a reasonable degree of medical certainty

Actually, you can file it with the evidence yourself without your MD. My first MD just totally dropped the ball with everything that was found (1) during the scope of my knee and (2) the f/u MRI done 5 months later since I am still having problems with it AND my shoulder. The WC doc will either pull it together for you (like they did in my case) or rule against you and then you get your MD to submit it IF they will.

(10-16-2009, 03:22 PM)samtheyam Wrote: got hurt one year ago at work, my back. had a mri done it showed disc buldge at the L4-L5 and L5-S1 one of my doctors said epidoral injection on the L5-S1 did not work for the pain I was sent to see a surgeon ayear later, he did a ct mylogram both disc have now ruptured and the L4 is sitting on my nerve (painful) he wants to do surgery ,but because the first doctor didn't add the L4 yo my claim I now needto have it put on. So my question --the mri was done two days after I got hurt and showed the L4 wiill it be a problem getting it added on now that I need Surgery(fusion)

This is from any BWC certified physician, hence your (POR) physician of record, making a statement called (MOI) mechanism of injury. Doing exactly what the other post stated. Correlating the actual injury, the findings, the lack of pre-existing signs and symptoms, the current symptoms and the diagnosis to the date of injury and the claim number. This is all stated with a reasonable degree of medical certainty and probability and based on....."the facts" has directly and causality resulted in ...diagnosis of, that should be added to the claim#.

Keep the wording very simple sentences. Remember the hearing officer needs to make sense of this.

Lots of options here, chiropractic for example. Epidurals are not just a one stop shot. Several are used and since there are so many possibilities to cause lumbar pain, several attempts are necessary to allow for pain reduction. Even if temporary, then additional treatment is necessary to follow up, such as Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA). Often this is best to mix with chiropractic care to obtain the best results.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about pre-existing condition retrieves2 4 1,648 09-09-2018, 09:01 PM
Last Post: retrieves2
  Broken fib/tib with pre-existing condition seestock 3 3,192 02-17-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Do i have the right to be informed about my own medical condition??? alvinf478 4 3,415 04-03-2015, 01:03 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Change in physical condition form help KT4411 3 7,028 09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Last Post: KT4411
  Adding insult to injury Neverthesame 0 1,728 05-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Neverthesame
  Does anyone do research on their condition? Cookiecrum 11 9,173 10-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Work starus change question and pre-existing condition linagirl 2 3,720 05-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  post employment medical history report and pre exsisting condition lucy1959 13 16,527 11-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Last Post: kate
  adding to my claim nauticalgurl1 1 2,319 10-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Pre-existing condition claim by WC wt1949 14 16,616 05-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Lilly