Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
employee buyout?
Minnesota provides the option of not cashing out benefits in a lumpsum buyout.
you can receive permanent disability benefits or wageloss as well as medical care without cashing out and resigning.
Do you know if you have a job to return to?
do you have permanent restrictions that can't be accommodated?
If your employment is covered by FMLA you have 12 weeks of job protection.
Minnesota also has vocational rehabilitation benefits.
http://www.dli.mn.gov/WC/ClaimProcessFaq.asp
http://www.dli.mn.gov/WC/ClaimProcess.asp
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

many companies do not want you back once you are damaged goods...you are given a comp and release with means you resign instead of getting let go and you get a bit of a settlement......the reason your lawyer is saying take it is because you most likely will be let go as soon as you go back to your job
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

1171 Wrote:Minnesota provides the option of not cashing out benefits in a lumpsum buyout.
you can recieve permanent disability benefits or wageloss as well as medical care without cashing out and resigning.
Do you know if you have a job to return to?
do you have permanent restrictions that can't be accommodated?
If your employment is covered by FMLA you have 12 weeks of job protection.
http://www.dli.mn.gov/WC/ClaimProcessFaq.asp
http://www.dli.mn.gov/WC/ClaimProcess.asp

I thought I had a job to go back to until this revelation. I dont know the restrictions yet. Just 2 months out of 360 lumbar fusion. I have used up FMLA and now using LOA. I have private insurance long term dis. for income so I am covered here until dr release. I thought I would just slide back into work even so much as to continue to do "work" at home while recovering. I was asked by employer to do "special projects" and to help account out because no one knew what to do in my absence. I did these tasks when I could to help out. I was obviously not paid to do this.
P.S. Thanks for your thoughts

If you've been granted a leave of absence then there would seem to be an explicit intention to honor it -- all else being equal.
you need to continue to keep in touch with your employer.
early return to work and modified work programs can be helpful making the transition.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

My Opinion is;

1) You ask Attorney, are they (employer) not Work Comp Insurance, buying you out of employment, meaning early retirement? If so, then does this have anything to do with your current Work Comp claim and settlement?

2) Is this just an employee / Employer issue? Meaning nothing to have do with your Comp Claim?

3) Is this an Insurance / Employer issue, where you then are being bought out of employment, and it is settling your comp claim?

Then when you get that information, please let us all know...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:My Opinion is;

1) You ask Attorney, are they (employer) not Work Comp Insurance, buying you out of employment, meaning early retirement? If so, then does this have anything to do with your current Work Comp claim and settlement?

2) Is this just an employee / Employer issue? Meaning nothing to have do with your Comp Claim?

3) Is this an Insurance / Employer issue, where you then are being bought out of employment, and it is settling your comp claim?

Then when you get that information, please let us all know...
thanks for taking the time to help me out,
this is totally a wc issue. I dont know where this came from though. I have had a great relationship with employer. promoted several times over past 10 years up to account GM. I assume it is an inusrer employer decision to limit thier liability towards me and an injury that might need much additional "doctoring" only 42 yrs old so no early retirement. I, as, mentioned, have every aspiration of going back to work asap. But now that might not be an option.
I dont know how a buy-out would be financially viable for me at this point of my life. same as everyone 3 kids mortgage etc. Plus this is all I know, college, 25 yrs career. suggestions?

attorney states that employer wants me to resign and will be offering a premuim buyout.

Well, I am still not sure, this isn't just an employer / employee issue. I still suggest you firmly make sure of this. Meaning you need to talk with your attorney. It could be, your employer isn't wishing you to return, and is willing to buy you out of employment.

It could still be, then your work comp claim is going to carry on with the Inssurance Carrier.

You need to clear up these facts, with your attorney and fast.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medical Buyout Hank and Penny 2 1,148 02-11-2019, 11:43 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Please help us guardianship or POA buyout case Palmers 2 853 10-04-2018, 11:46 AM
  medical release/buyout? and/ or fight for medical ongoing sahshah 44 37,422 05-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  CA-Buyout Of Medical SickOfTheProcess 11 9,499 12-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Last Post: SickOfTheProcess
  QUESTION? Medical buyout in CA katkat 1 2,857 09-21-2014, 04:22 PM
  CA: Compromise & Release or Buyout bellabri287 1 6,930 11-29-2012, 04:41 AM
  future medical buyout janisb 7 17,487 05-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Last Post: admin
  Fututre Medical..Possible buyout? ttguns 3 5,851 02-04-2011, 05:19 PM
  Medical Buyout - Cali MrsMitch 1 5,082 03-22-2010, 04:18 PM