Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you have surgery if
If you had no range of motion in your dominant wrist, could only lift about 3-5lbs and had to wear a splint forever, would you do that or would you consider a total wrist replacement?
A wrist replacement would give you back about 60-70% range of motion (compaired to no ROM) you could pick up more then a few pounds and you wouldn't have to wear a splint. Only thing that seems bad about this is that the wrist replacement would need to be done every 10-15 years.

I was curious and I know it is different but how about some people here who have had a total knee replacement? Was that a last resort or was that indicated at first?

I had a total knee replacement last year.

This was a surgery I wainted 36 month due to denials and delays. By the time I had the replacement I seldom left my home due to the knee being very unstable & being a fall risk. I had no choice but to have the surgery, and the replacement has changed my life.

I do have problems with the other knee and according to the doctor will at some point in the future have a knee replacement. I will put off the surgery until I have to have it.

If as young as you are, I would consider it. As I too have had a Total Knee replacement, and yes, I would do it again.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I have been doing alot of research on it and it looks like something I would do. Now I just have to ask my doctor about it. With something like this I could do more then I can now.
How many surgeries have you had on your knee?

My first doctor told me I would never have a normal wrist again. Though a replacement wouldn't be "normal" it would be more "normal" then what I have now. I wish you could see my wrist hand. Plus with my doctor telling me he thought I was forming arthritis. A replacement would be something to consider.