Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paula Abdul is on TV tonight
I am sittin here watching the idiot box, and just heard she will be on Letterman tonight, maybe they will talk about her RSD
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

they didnt say one thing about it
only a comment about meds and that was bypassed fast

Sithie...Paula did a story in a magazine a year ago or so and talk about having RSD...and about this medication that help her so much. Then one of big RSD support groups had tried to get her to be a spoke person for RSD and she wouldn't do it. I looked for the story but can't find it. She could sure do alot for RSD....as Montel Williams has for MS. Also on one of my all night pain nights I watched a story about Paula. She has lived through alot with her RSD. She has had some of the best treatment there is to offer. If she would only speak out about it..RSD is so unknown...and someone as Paula Abdul could should get the public educated about it. But then again...I can't blame some for not wanting their personal lives out all over the media...so we must respect it....I guess. Maybe as she ages she will rethink and want to talk about the RSD she has and what it is live with it. We can hope.

I was disappointed, Letterman tried to get her to talk, but no way she avoided it like the plague.
Sithie

This sounds like Paula is most likely under strict orders from the producers of American Idol not to talk about it. Otherwise I think she would. Maybe when the American Idol stops she will take a stand to help more. That would be great.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

The thing with Paula that I just don't understand is that so many times the media has stated she is drunk...or on drugs. And if she was to speak out about what medications she is on and why she is on so much medication to control the pain she lives with from her RSD...maybe the Media would leave her alone.

She was for so long mis-diagnosised and was living with this aweful pain condition...and had all sorts of problems...but when finally was diagnosised and recieved the proper care look at her know. That is what I mean if she could or would speak out for RSD.

She does give me hope...I know there just has to be treatment out there....or ways to control the pain. But as long as I deal with the WC system I will never know. As Sithie and I have spoken we are just about willing to try anything to get some quality of life back. All I have ever wanted was to work....be a productive person again. But I had to accept that may never be....but I refuse to think I may never be able to hold my own Grandchildren safely or wash my own body. There just has to be something out in this world of advanced medical world to help us...for heaven sakes...I refuse to just give and think I have to live like this. Just because wc says this is what it is. I know different.

Sorry I am venting......

Go for it, you are doing it for both of us
Sithie

Spring...I understand how you feel. I know that it must be very terrible living with a disease such as RSD. I wish I could just wrinkle my nose and say RSD be gone and you could all say good bye to it, but I can't. It is sad that the IC are so difficult to deal with because all you should have to deal with is the crises of the disease itself, and then here comes the IC who challenges everything. I really dislike the insurance companies...Carol (Red)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Tonight I watched "Hey Paula" Paula Abdul's reality show that she has on the Bravo channel. The previews for next week show her assistant giving her an injection in her abdomen with a injection pen, they don't say what it is for, the next scene shows her talking to a surgeon/doctor about her spine, they show her X-ray which shows a 3 level fusion...then Paula gets a phone call from a doctor and she is crying...
I heard Pauls "mention" RSD but she has never mentioned what kind of medication she takes that she considers her Miracle Medication that has basically cured the RSD for her.
Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

Oh my Babebahn...You just gave me the best news...please tell me more about this show...I have looked and looked for this show with Paula in it. I just have to watch it....I would love to know what medications she is taking for the RSD. You are just so AWESOME for posting that information.....THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Babe...Update..I called Sithie....And she was able to find the program...and I finally found information on the internet. Thank you...we will be watching to see what we can learn.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Yes, you look wonderful tonight." Wink 0 1,977 10-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Wink
  Say an extra prayer tonight for Bummer Knees bodybuilder1958 12 11,216 03-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Dinner Tonight chrischris 12 8,062 09-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Tuffy
  Red could use a few prayers tonight monster 16 7,541 05-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Last Post: backache
  Who's up tonight? Tuffy 1 3,906 01-20-2009, 02:29 AM
Last Post: monster
Cool its hot tonight hurt at work 2 2,953 07-28-2008, 11:17 PM
  Its to quite tonight, so here's an oldie. AQA 4 3,101 04-06-2008, 10:16 AM
  Lunar eclispe TONIGHT Sithie 12 4,866 02-21-2008, 02:51 PM