Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medicare question
Just rec'd a bill in the mail today for my husband's partB medicare for $386.00. He has had medicare since 2006 and this is the first time we have rec'd this. It states that it is from 10/09-01/10. Any help on this. I am still confused with anything that has to do with Medicare. I thought this was deducted from his check.

capricorn Wrote:Just rec'd a bill in the mail today for my husband's partB medicare for $386.00. He has had medicare since 2006 and this is the first time we have rec'd this. It states that it is from 10/09-01/10. Any help on this. I am still confused with anything that has to do with Medicare. I thought this was deducted from his check.

It would seem you owe some copays for doctor visits. Is the bill broke down by codes?

Call Medicare and ask for a breakdown of the charges.

Thanks Freebird for responding. Actually he has a supplement to Medicare that he pays a premium on. All co-pays and deductables are up to date. I don't understand why after 3 years he got a bill for PArt B. Never happened in 3 years. He's in the hospital with pneumonia. I hope they'll talk to me. I also have to have my SSD taxed which I thought it was but isn't. I won't be eligible for Medicare until Oct. 2010.

Cap, Usually there is a person at the hospital that handles medicare claims and may be able to help you , Being he is a patient there now, just ask around and they may be able to help you out....... It is a possability he has used up his time for this hospitalization. Or the hospital has made a error and not billed his supplemental ins, They have to be billed seperatly.

Thanks Tuffy...this bill is from Medicare stating that it's his PArtB premium from Nov1,09 thru Jan 1,10. I called and of course they won't give me any info without his permission. He's still in the hospital so it will have to wait. She did tell me that if he receives an SSD check which he does that the premium is taken out of that. WHich is exactly what I thought so the bill makes no sense. I have had not one single problem with my SSD and yet my husband has had problems since 2006. Letters that make no sense. We call and no on knows where the letter came from. Stuff like that. It's annoying as he$$.

Could it be a scam letter or letters, and not really from Medicare?. Try going to the person I suggested, She/he may be able to help, It is better to face them person to person, as there is no way Medicare can know who they are talking to. Could be you, me, or Joe Blow...

Cap. I have another question, Is your hubby on any kind of state aid or program?. They will pay his part B premium, If by chance that is stopped then Medicare could bill him for the premium for the coming year. But if that is the case it would come from his check.

Thanks Grandma....I will speak to someone in the hospital if he'll be there longer than tomorrow. I think it's time he signed something stating that I can speak for him. I understand the privacy and am glad for it so we'll have to do this the right way. I thought it was coming out of his check and since it's the first in 3 years, yes maybe it is bogus. Thanks for your help.Wink Oh, no he doesn't get medicaid or anything from the state. On his own.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Set Aside question monster1963 15 17,781 02-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  medicare set a side question? Jaycojade 4 5,485 11-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Medicare question AQA 8 5,863 12-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  Question re. Medicare set aside lfoster21 2 3,368 08-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Last Post: lfoster21