Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need input please
hi to all,hope youre doing well.ive got a problem and not sure what to do.hope you can give me some input on this.i was having trouble with wc doing their job ,so i got a lawyer.id been trying to get an appointment with a neurologist and wc wouldnt return calls and i had no pain meds.lawyer wants me to see different doc,supposedly one that will go to court for me.ive been trying to get a referial as lawyer wants ,but thats not so easy.dr called today ,the one ive been wanting to see, about appointment .my question is, can i go or do i have to go to the dr , lawyer picked?can i get in trouble.i think if lawyer wants me to see his dr,why cant he get the appointment for me.i know its a money thing to him ,but its a health issue to me.i would really appreciate some advice.

I don't think it is your attorneys doctor, but a doctor the attorney helped you to get.

Attorneys also know doctors from past cases they have worked on. And would or might know their names from past records.

Why not give them a chance?

http://www.med.yale.edu/caim/cnerves/
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

If your Attorney suggested this DR, then he must know that this Dr would be in your corner if it comes to a battle with WC. What have you got to loose by seeing this Dr, Trust your Attorney,........

Maybe I am reading something else into this.

If the issue is, needing to be seen by a dr. so that you can get the meds. and that dr. office just called. I would schedule the appointment. Then call the attorney and let him/her know what is going on. You may find out that the dr. that the attorney wants you to see has an opening for you.

I agree with what the others have said. I would go see the dr. that the attorney wants me to.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

What is your injury? Not every doctor puts people on pain medication when they first see them. They would be testing you to see what the problem is first and depending how severe there is different ways to go about an injury. You could be put on something like advil/aleve/tylenol or for nerve problems you could be put on cymbalta, lyrica etc etc. and be sent to PT.

Why is it that no doctor will see you yet? When my injury first happened at work, I was sent DIRECTLY to the doctor they had there at work and then I went to my own primary care doctor. Do you have a primary care doctor until you see this doctor the insurance co. wants you to see??
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

I agree with the rest. If your attorney recommends a Dr. it is generally someone they have worked with before and know they will have your best interest in mind. The Dr. my attorney recommended to me was a Godsend. I couldn't find anyone to treat me and he was always there for me and knew when I wouldn't get any better. Never gave up until then. My case is settled but I see him now for PM for my fibromyalgia.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for input - CA work comp *relapse BB019 23 13,782 01-15-2016, 08:19 AM
Last Post: BB019
  Settlement Input Alabama sharrell 3 3,091 11-19-2015, 12:14 AM
Last Post: 1171
  looking for some input on my ankle injury hmiyazima79 3 3,628 09-05-2014, 12:46 PM
  CALIFORNIA ASKS FOR INPUT... 1171 3 4,769 02-20-2012, 02:46 AM
Last Post: mobo96
  So Confused - Need some input Me Myself-n-I 1 2,788 01-21-2011, 12:59 PM
  Need Input......AGAIN!!!!!! bagpussinamerica 11 8,134 10-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Moved Topic For More Input MJC 2 3,461 09-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
Question Really could use some input! Driven To Recover 8 5,716 06-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Question On the job accident in MS!!! Looking for input??? bulldozer 2 3,748 05-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Lumbar Fusions Input Needed MJC 12 10,210 05-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Last Post: waiting in pain