Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ways you have been treated since getting hurt at work ?
hmmmph

My employer played the dumb person ... they diddntknow anything

YOU KNOW IT'S SAD TO SAY BUT THEY HAVE BEEN TAUGHT TO LUMP US ALL TOGETHER. SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CAUGHT ABUSING THE SYSTEM TILL THEY JUST ASSUME EVERYONE IS LYING. IT'S JUST NOT FAIR, THE ONES THAT ARE FAKING THEY KNOW HOW TO WORK THE SYSTEM, THEY HAVE FAMILY MEMEBERS THAT KNOW HOW TO WORK THE SYSTEM. THERE IS NO WAY I SHOULD HAVE NEVER SETTLED A CLAIM FROM THE 1990'S, BUT A LOT OF THE LAWYERS ARE CROOKS TOO. I HAVE FIRED AT LEAST 4 OTHER LAWYERS AND STILL THE ONE I HAVE NOW SEEMS TO BE WORKING FOR THE COMPANY I AM FIGHTING. I CALL AND CALL SHE IS NEVER IN OR SHE IS ALWAYS BUSY. WHEN I DO GET LUCKY AND FINALLY TALK TO HER IT'S ALWAYS LIKE A PARENT SCOLDING A CHILD. SHE NEVER GIVES ME ANY GOOD ADIVCES OR ANY INCOURAGEMENT. JUST AN OUTCOME THAT LETS ME KNOW I AM GOING TO BE SCREWED IN THE END. WHEN I FIRST CAME TO HER SHE WAS ALL ON MY SIDE AND I WAS GOING TO SEE RESULTS, WELL THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO WITH NO SETTLEMENT IN SIGHT. I ASKED HER SINCE THE AME PUT ME UNABLE TO WORK MY JOB SHOULD I APPLY FOR SSD SHE TOLD ME "NO" SAID THAT WOULD BE A BIG MESS. I DON'T HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT I SHOULD DO NOW. I FEEL LIKE MAYBE IT IS TO LATE TO GET YET ANOTHER LAWYER SO I GUESS I HAVE JUST EXCEPTED THE FACT THAT NOT ONLY WILL I NEVER BE COMPENSATED FOR MY INJURIES, BUT IN THE END I WILL NO LONGER HAVE A JOB OR INCOME. I AM SO CONFUSED NOW I CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT FROM WORRY. JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE MY LIFE IS HEADED AT THIS POINT. AND THIS IS AMERICA..

rholmes is right. A lot of employees do lie and abuse the system. I have seen this where I work. The ones who lie generally aren't very good employees to begin with (in my experience). You would think that companies, especially small ones, would be able to figure out which employees are lying.

im new to this but i thought that i was the only one with problems sorry I have been forced back to work been back to work for 1 week and thus far had my vacation taken away because of wmc time off and also have been told will probably lose my job 1st of year merry xmas

The last time I heard from my co-workers was when they bought me a rose bush to plant. Like I could bend over and plant that right after my spinal fusion. I have been friends with some of them on facebook even before all this happened, but no one will talk with me or return e-mails or phone calls. I also have never heard one word from the Surgeons, who I stood by all day and helped in surgery, and sometimes saved their butts from making bad mistakes. I was going in to see my Dr. and ran into a Nurse I knew from surgery where I worked. She had to tell me about how a Nurse I worked with was going to retire, and they were going to give her money from the employee crisis fund. I thought how poetic all I got from them was termination for using up my FMLA. No one offered me employee crisis or even bothered to care wether or not I could pay my bills. I have learned the hardway you don't really have any "friends" at work. Everyone just covers their own asses.
6/97--Discectomy L5-S1. 3/09--Discectomy L5-S1 (failed). 6/09--spinal fusion L5-S1. This year who knows?

I was injured on 3-25-09, My kitchen manager asked me if i had ever changed a poster in the display case i told him no, he asked me to hang a Easter poster up and while he was opening the door he let me know the right side door was broken, I was putting up the Easter poster when the right side door came off and landed on my big right toe, my kitchen manager was right behind me and I said SOB out loud I don't swear, he hurried and picked up the door and glass and put it on the table then said where's my duct tape at? My kitchen manager and an employee taped and stappeled it, I could hear her saying I can't believe she is complaining about her foot, later I went in the office and asked if he could look at my foot, when he looked at it he said Oh it's just bruised you'll be alright, I don't know if I should get a third party attorney because he knew the door was broken and yet he still asked me to hang the poster with him 3 to 4 feet behind me. When I went back to work my GM came up to me and told me it's all in my head, that i needed to look happy, Ya right, happy about what? being a hard, dedicated, loyal, trust worthy employee, that doesn't get the same respect, my kitchen manager was rubbing my left leg up and down when I was filling out paper work, talk about feeling disgusted. I wish I knew my rights!
Life is like the ocean, it can be calm one minute and the next a wave will knock you off your feet, it's up to you to get back up and take control.

.jpg   51onBPftSuL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg (Size: 15.18 KB / Downloads: 1)

That is terrible,i remember when i got injured almost 3 years ago in lumber company my back was killing me and my righ leg was in pain and powerles from hip to down,couldnt walk strait...
Everyone was looking at me weird like i am making it up or something.
My supervisor acted insane all the time,give me so much stress,told me in HR to go to take drug test.and i did go to place where i am suposed to do that waited for hours and at the end they tell me they dont do drug testing anymore.
Tommarow at work i told my supervisor but he didnt beleive me (i guess he tought i was weed smoker or just looking for the best way to get rid of me)anywas we took it to the HR again and they told me i have to go to other place i was so pissed off but i dint show it,i told them i will go but i want my supervisor to take me there it's his job not mine and i dont know the city wery well i moved here few years ago.
He was pissed off (more than ussual) but at the end they told me i dont have to do it.
Then my doctor gives me restrictions but they didnt want me (no light duty available).
I took good layer and now everything is fine no more harasment i dont work and case is stil on,we'l see how it will go...

Toungue 
Life has become a true burden. I did 20yrs in human services, but it was starting to take its tole. So I finally got a job with an orange colored retail store. It was a major transformation, but it was over 4yrs and I was still hanging in there. June 26,2005 I grabbed something off of the belt and felt like I was being struck by lightening.
My scream startled many people as I have a voice that carries.
3.5" tear L rotator cuff, L-shaped. Our HR person wrote on my
sheet that I had a heart attack. From there it was all down hill.
My work had a one yr clause, If out on comp for more than 1 year
automatic termination. Had to wait 10 months for surgery and two months later was my 'last day'. My lawyer is the one who deserves all of my anger. Bernie Total Disb
L shoulder torn 3.5" R shoulder damaged. Heart damage, carpal tunnel (L&R) cataplexy/narcolepsy, arthritis, hypoglycemic. +. Bernie

Bernie it was a year to the day when I got my surgery......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 2,396 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Car Accident while being treated for injury Fusion26 14 7,266 07-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Fusion26
  Help hurt at work rapplizard66 2 2,197 10-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Last Post: dusty boy
  Help hurt at work rapplizard66 0 1,578 10-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Last Post: rapplizard66
  Injury treated, back to full work, now in pain? CassieF 3 7,899 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
  Moving while being treated powderedwater 1 3,226 03-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Exclamation hurt at work now on workers comp itzadrian 4 9,235 03-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Last Post: itzadrian
  hurt at work tony meatballs 3 4,536 01-18-2011, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Tucker
  Hurt at work. What to do? Dans13 6 5,908 09-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Manley2
Sad hurt my back at work (Tx) confuzzled 5 8,606 09-06-2010, 06:55 PM