Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skin damage from PT
have the doctor recommend plastic surgery.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks 1171. I will ask.....

I know I guy here in Illinois, how demanded plastic surgery for the scare of a surgery on the spine at L5 - S1. And he was allowed to have it.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Hi
Although I don't know much about it specifically, it has been commended as an effective treatment for achilles tendonitis. Several studies exist to support it, but I haven't read into the detail too much. Please cheak the doctor..
[url=http://www.vitabits.de/krankheitsfinder/verdauungsstoerung] verstopfung [/url]

I know my best friend had an injury to her ankle and it was a WC issue and she ended up having surgery on it. She was left with a big scar on her ankle afterwards. When she went for her settlement they awarded her by where it was located, size of scar. She told me that if it was on the face it would of been alot more money. I am not sure the amount they would consider being under the arm.

I know what tape you are talking about as they used that to put on my arm at PT after I had my treatments. I know my friend had the same tape put on her back so that when she went to bend a certain way that she was not suppose to, that the tape would pull and remind her not to use that position.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

freebird Wrote:
Pookiewood Wrote:Hi All,

Sorry I forgot to ask this on my 1st post: I had Physical Therapy for awhile. the PT said I had issues withmy left scapula and decided to "do this thing using tape under my arm". When I removed it, two days later as instructed, the tape ripped my skin off. Now I have an ugly mark near the side of my underarm. Does WC take this permanent scarring into concideration when settling?
Thanks
It is very likely this "ugly mark" will improve over time. I have a 18 inch scar from surgery wrapped around my left side. The scar is damn ugly but has faded in color the last 3 years.

You might get something but a piece of tape causing bigtime permanent scarring? How long ago was this?

Cookiecrum Wrote:I dried a few things, maderma, and it really didn't do anything. The only thing with mine is the doctor cut across the original surgery scar and it opened when he did that and now it is brown and purple, plus I also have a big lump on my wrist. I have a scar pad and used it but I really don't know those are suppose to help.

I had my appt. yesterday to get cream for my scar from PT. The Doc prescribed some type of Cortizone cream. Boy, am I glad I went and had other questions non related to the scarring. I have now learned that I may have Thoracic Outlout Syndrome and I have to see a Vascular Surgeon. NOW I'M SCARED!!!!!!! My arm and elbow are killing me. I would love some type of relief but I'm scared of surgery. I don't know how I can have all this going on and not have a PD rating. The ins. co. did not send my paperwork for a rating. So I guess the ins. co. will decide and make an offer based on what the Dr. reports. I know I can't get anything for pain and suffering, since the Doc siad leave open for medical, but it would be nice!
Since eventually the ins. co. will offer some type of settlement for medical, can I ask for some advance payments NOW? I am in Calif w/no atty. WC is cooperating.

there is no requirement that the carrier settle your open medical entitlement.
if there are additional work injury conditions that have not reached maximum recovery there can not be a settlement.
yes you can request permanent disability advances.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP! Injured, two disc fusion surgeries, permanent nerve damage,dont know what to do Blackhawks19 5 2,235 10-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  nerve damage STRATTONJE 2 2,336 09-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Last Post: STRATTONJE
  Advise for workers comp claim. Only 20yrs old w/ damage to disc in lower back!! brandnew23 17 27,054 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Last Post: 1171
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 17,084 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  could this be nerve damage jayc123 3 4,264 10-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Last Post: jayc123
  injured workers in pain and WC mri showing no damage kristin0 18 41,939 09-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  disc damage and wc questions backpainfla 32 31,740 08-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Last Post: backpainfla
Sad ulnar/cubital nerve damage sunshine1966 12 15,645 02-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Finger nerve damage worker2012 3 15,553 09-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Last Post: 1171
Question Back Damage - VA magcom 17 15,681 04-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: magcom