Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dislocated knee cap and ingunal hernia
Sad 
So last year I develop an inguinal hernia and then got a dislocated knee cap at work. and I'm still having pains on my knee constant pain most of the time. on a scale from 1 - 10 I would say a 5 or 6. Surgery was recently an option brought up but I've been hearing a lot of good and bad things about knee surgery. The doctor said if its pain I can live with or can't surgery was an option. I'm scared of getting it because of any complications that I might get after surgery. Any of you know or gotten knee surgery before due to a dislocated kneecap? Should I get it? I had to get a lawyer because they were literally ignoring ALL my phone calls. Its been over a year if I get surgery will this make my case even more longer?
Sorry for the rant and poor grammar I'm sleepy. I got a few more question I want to ask tomorrow! I mean later on today lol. Good night Smile

- California is my state -

i'd request a second opinion/consultation before deciding. you are right to be cautious--it's impossible to undo the damage from a surgery gone bad. you just need a better idea as to the chances/risks.
one problem is that if you wait too long and decide to do it after another 3-4 yrs comp may not accept.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

If you were to look up any surgery, you will see there is good and bad on each and every one of them.

1171 gave you good information, and yes you should do just that.

You then must weigh out your quality of life Vs the pain. Then you are the only one that can say surgery or no surgery.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

its_rob Wrote:So last year I develop an inguinal hernia and then got a dislocated knee cap at work. and I'm still having pains on my knee constant pain most of the time. on a scale from 1 - 10 I would say a 5 or 6. Surgery was recently an option brought up but I've been hearing a lot of good and bad things about knee surgery. The doctor said if its pain I can live with or can't surgery was an option. I'm scared of getting it because of any complications that I might get after surgery. Any of you know or gotten knee surgery before due to a dislocated kneecap? Should I get it? I had to get a lawyer because they were literally ignoring ALL my phone calls. Its been over a year if I get surgery will this make my case even more longer?
Sorry for the rant and poor grammar I'm sleepy. I got a few more question I want to ask tomorrow! I mean later on today lol. Good night Smile

I had knee surgery July 08 dislocated knee cap it was called lateral patella release,I had 8 months of PT (physical therapy) while totally out of work,I was released to go back to work on April 09, was still having difficulty walking,going up/down stairs and still have swelling/pain in the knee joint,in July of this year my knee started to give out again went to Dr. to get supartz injections which is like a fluid to help withjoint problems has not helped to date.

Dr. said after I had original surgery that I would need Knee replacement in 5 years he did not want to do it sooner because of my age.Everyone heals differently mine is just a very very slow process and might never get better without replacement surgery?

My advice is when you see your Dr. ask lots of questions about the surgery how long do they think you will be able to go back to work, what are the pros/cons of surgery,etc etc. also listen to his responces very carefully (write them down if you can) because most of the time they will say in there medical report that you have understood everthing talked about and alot of things were not discussed at the time you talked to them. Good Luck.

Here's a good site for any orthopaedic injury. It is set to open on knee placement; the decision for surgery, info about the surgery and rehabilitation. Good luck with you decision. http://www.eorthopod.com/eorthopodV2/ind...3d07901a19
Let Go, and Let God......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rolleyes Louisiana Hernia at work questions william32 8 2,589 07-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Hernia Surgery carl5138 11 40,272 06-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  repaired hernia question nickhp 3 3,504 06-08-2016, 02:39 PM
Last Post: larry1
  Construction Workers' Comp Hernia BentSpace 3 11,873 05-14-2013, 09:50 PM
  No Insurance, hernia, working, Illinois brodg 3 8,917 04-09-2011, 09:36 PM
  pre-existing hernia thomas* 8 16,784 05-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Dislocated Shoulder fireddog 7 8,540 02-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Knee Replacement/Knee Injuries HarryO 39 36,561 08-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  dislocated shoulder due to unsafe condition yellowcard5142 4 4,871 12-21-2007, 11:39 AM