Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physician order for a bed
What is your Injury? I apologise upfront if you have already said. Will you eventually be ok and back in the work field?

Until you can find something more permanent, have you considered an airbed? WalMart would be your best bet, unless you find one on sale somewhere else; probably around $50.

Call a couple of local churches and tell them you had to sell all your furniture to live, and ask if they would please put an announcement in their weekly church bulletin that there is a need for a bed and if anyone has one to give away, please contact ..........? When I worked in a church office for 7 years, I would get these type of requests quite often. There are always people willing to help.

I'm sorry you had to resort to this. Are you getting SSDI, SSI, or any other income?

I have a list of resources to call, but can't put my finger on it right now. I have to leave for an appt. but will look for it later.

Take care!
Let Go, and Let God......

chrischris Wrote:Until you can find something more permanent, have you considered an airbed? WalMart would be your best bet, unless you find one on sale somewhere else; probably around $50.

Call a couple of local churches and tell them you had to sell all your furniture to live, and ask if they would please put an announcement in their weekly church bulletin that there is a need for a bed and if anyone has one to give away, please contact ..........? When I worked in a church office for 7 years, I would get these type of requests quite often. There are always people willing to help.

I'm sorry you had to resort to this. Are you getting SSDI, SSI, or any other income?

I have a list of resources to call, but can't put my finger on it right now. I have to leave for an appt. but will look for it later.

Take care!

thank you, unfortunately I cannot afford even a plastic pool air mattress right now. No I am not getting any other income State Disability ran out because I had not worked in California long enough to build up enough SDI source. Have not been off work 12 months yet for Social Security don't even know if I qualify for that the legal system is too complex for me and my lawyer has not helped in this area. I have a few friends asking at their churches but so far no luck.

freebird Wrote:What is your Injury? I apologise upfront if you have already said. Will you eventually be ok and back in the work field?

low back injury with nerve involvement and 2 disc herniations. I hope to be back in the work force in some form or other, but right now there is no certainty to anything.

A dotcor to order a bed?

Mine done just that, but try to get the IC to buy you one is another issue. Mine ordered a motionless water bed, that would heat and cool, the doctor's order was rejected needless to say. But, I don't even see how this would help you any, since your selling everything you have to stay a float.

You do need to check out your local churches, as they do have funds set aside to help needy people. They help in more ways then you think. Just please give them a try.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Here's the resource site I couldn't find earlier, but I'm home now.
http://www.Those of whom we do not speak.com/resource-center/online-resources.aspx
Let Go, and Let God......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can Work Comp Appeals Board order retirement? Amanda15 6 4,977 06-24-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Amanda15
  Petition and Order to Take Off Calendar dav87 4 6,292 07-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Petition and Order to Take Off Calendar dav87 0 2,057 07-30-2015, 11:15 PM
Last Post: dav87
  IME vs Treating physician what now? Stormy 14 18,751 01-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Stormy
  scheduling order? hogg76 7 6,221 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Doc refused to comply with DIME order. lefty 4 6,563 05-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Last Post: lefty
  physician oaths lostinconnecticut 29 12,593 09-22-2009, 03:26 PM