Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physician order for a bed
State is California :As I mentioned in a reply earlier I have had to resort to selling my furniture to make ends meet. My bed set sold quickly when I sell my couch I will be sleeping on the floor which will not help my back pain any. My question is this: Can my physician order a bed in order for me to have the proper surface to sleep on related to my back injury? should I inform him that I do not have a bed any longer? Will work comp have to reimburse even though we are in an appeal delay?

depends on what is being appealed.
all treatment requests are reviewed by utilization review doctors according to specified criteria and the bed request would have to be supported by objective medical guidelines for your condition. most do not qualify.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hell would freeze over before I sold my California King Duxiana mattresses.
My goodness, How has it came to this?
Are you married? No one in America should sleep on the floor.

Right after I got hurt The floor was my friend for sleeping .. Better then trying to climb the stairs .. But then again when your so tired anywhere works

the sooner you understand that WC doesnt care what you have to go thru to stay alive the better off you can prepare....there are churches out there that will help altho they are stretched pretty far right now and the Salvation army may be able to help....we have seen many come and go on here that lose everything....if it help 95% of WC cases go thru without any problems.....WC is a wage replacement (at66%)and med bills only....now if you need a hospital bed you may get it but be prepared for a fight...good luck
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

It is time you asked for help from a church or non-profit.

Google United Way 211.

This will bring up a data base that will first ask for your zip code and other local information.

Enter the type of assistance you are needing in the data base, a list of organization will be listed.

As Jayne mentioned the non-profits resources are streached at this time but if they see a need they will try & help or point you to someone that can.

freebird Wrote:Hell would freeze over before I sold my California King Duxiana mattresses.
My goodness, How has it came to this?
Are you married? No one in America should sleep on the floor.

No I am not married I am basically in this fight alone, friends and family have already given as much as they can. The economy is bad on them too. I did not want to sell my furniture but it is all I have left to sell, and that won't be enough, but I have to try everything to keep going

Bummer Knees Wrote:It is time you asked for help from a church or non-profit.

Google United Way 211.

This will bring up a data base that will first ask for your zip code and other local information.

Enter the type of assistance you are needing in the data base, a list of organization will be listed.

As Jayne mentioned the non-profits resources are streached at this time but if they see a need they will try & help or point you to someone that can.

thanks, been there done that, they are really stretched as Jayne says and so far have not been able to provide much, I am in the wrong place at the wrong time too many people with too many needs and those with small children and the elderly come first which is as it should be I guess

I serve as chair of a board of directors for a non-profit and times are tough for most agencies.

Have you tried the community action progrram is your area. Google community action program with your state & town or near by city.

The Catholic churches are great about helping individuals that are unable to find help from other resources.

And there is the local food bank, most are connected with a church.

I Found a Hospital Bed that is Only 3 Years Old on Craigslist for $100.00, and it Included the Mattress. It's Electric, Raises the Head and Knees, and was Like Brand New. A Couple Moved Their Mother in to the House and Insurance Paid for the Bed, and She didn't Like it, and Slept in a Recliner! After She had to be Moved to a Home, the Company that Brought the Bed said it was Paid for, and they didn't want it Back, because they couldn't Re-Use it as it was Used. So Check Craigslist, I Tried Everything Including an Air Mattress, and this has been the Best for Me! Best of Luck!!Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can Work Comp Appeals Board order retirement? Amanda15 6 5,084 06-24-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Amanda15
  Petition and Order to Take Off Calendar dav87 4 6,383 07-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Petition and Order to Take Off Calendar dav87 0 2,077 07-30-2015, 11:15 PM
Last Post: dav87
  IME vs Treating physician what now? Stormy 14 18,910 01-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Stormy
  scheduling order? hogg76 7 6,295 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Doc refused to comply with DIME order. lefty 4 6,619 05-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Last Post: lefty
  physician oaths lostinconnecticut 29 12,734 09-22-2009, 03:26 PM