Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depression Questions
I'm Glad You brought this Issue back up Again Chris, it's Good to get Different Inputs on how People Handle Depression. Personally I Deal with Depression Daily, and there are Days I Win, and Occasionally I Lose. My Best Advise is to Find the Stress Points in Your Life that seem to Show up right before Your Depression Hits, and do Your Best to Try and Avoid them. I know that is Very Hard to do, and Much Easier to Write, but My Mother Instilled into Me from a Young Age the Serenity Prayer, and it has Helped Me Immensely Dealing with Many Issues in My Life, and My Depression:

God Grant Me the Serenity to Accept the Things I cannot Change, Courage to Change the Things I can, and the Wisdom to know the Difference!

Some things can be Changed, Some Can't, We just have to know which is which, and be able to Accept and Acknowledge Each, and Act on the Ones We can Change, and Avoid the Ones We can't, or Accept that they will Never Change! As I Said Easy to Type, but Sometimes Hard to do! I Hope this Helps, and Have a Great Day!!Wink

and on really bad days Break glass ...just not your own.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Chris ...I have battled major depression along with the PTSD most of my adult life. Not easy at times. Retirement was a good thing for me because the people I worked with weren't very nice. It took me a long time to get used to "forced" early retirement but I did and love it now. My grandchildren and children can always put a smile on my face (well let's say my granchildren always canWink) I do take meds and see a counselor when needed. I have spurts where I have to go for 8-9 months and then I'm good for a few and then back again. I was seeing a psychiatrist for meds and counseling and my counseling at the same time for about 6 months and that was great because they both had different perspectives. I can't do it alone and don't ever try to now. I'm in the process of making an appt. as we speak. With Bill having cancer again, our PCP is leaving the practice so I have to find a new one, I am starting to feel out of sorts. You will also learn in time to know when you need help and when you can go it alone. I'm here for you whenever. xo

p.s. Also as Tweety said I was told at one point by my PM Dr. that I would always have some degree of pain and if I could accept that I would be in better shape mentally and emotionally. He was right.

http://www.youtube.com/EnchantingMusic

Cool Chris you have to fight it. I to believe in a higher power. I have injured my back at work age 51 and had my normal 2 job life taken away from me. I am not receiving $$$ on second job as employer filled out paperwork in properly. Get up and fight it as I do everyday. Even in pain i try to do a little when i have those pain free moments. I talk to my kids and my family. I get fresh air. I chat with a friend. There are good times out there if you make them. SO do it make some for yourself. I hope to hear a reply as to how your feeling. I would love to talk to you and see what you did with your day and maybe provide you some help. People helping people. You have to give it away to get it. Hope you had a good day Chris.

My solution is meds, since mt dr. put me on Cymbalta 60mg theraputic level, that helps me with mine. I can really tell when i don't have my meds. Without my meds i brake down and aa i want to do is cry.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

CF did you put your new surgery on your SSDI paperwork
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:CF did you put your new surgery on your SSDI paperwork

Jayne yes i have but have not turned them back into the attorney yet. i left some forms for my Dr to fill out and hope they will be ready tomorrow and want to turn them all in at the same time.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Wink, Thanks, that was a Wonderful Site, Very Relaxing!!Smile

hi from alabama. i injured my right shoulder last year and been unable to work since. i have had emotional problems that was causing problems between my wife and i because i didnt feel that i was fullfilling my job as a husband and father by going to work. i get really down from time to time and found the only way to feel better is just be thankful that its not any worse and be glad that at least i still have my wife and children. and xanax helps as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pain-depression tinainky 4 863 01-14-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  link between Chronic Pain and Depression 1171 5 5,203 08-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Feel like I do not have any hope/depression 052614 42 31,374 06-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  depression added to injury amysue69 2 3,893 02-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Last Post: chrischris
  Injury, Narcotics, Depression sparkey 33 27,949 08-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Treeburn
  Percentage herniated discs w/depression NJ samistheman 7 12,844 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Last Post: samistheman
  Depression...Need to talk! BamaJ 16 10,540 08-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Can I Get PTD For Major Depression? lefty 4 11,120 04-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Can depression treatment interfere lanna 17 15,920 04-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  depression rhonda53 6 5,607 09-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Last Post: 1171