Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting occupational therapy
I started occupational therapy today for the carpal tunnel.

I do not feel like I have regained the strength in my left hand like I should, and the fact that I am dangerous in the kitchen, lots of breakage!

After the evaluation I found I am correct my strength is still weak but better then before surgery. The therapist did point out problems with the thumb joint and it looks like I will need to see a surgeon about the joint.

I learned that some of the problems I am having may be related to the neck injury.

I do feel positive about going to therapy, I am looking foreward to regaining some strength in my hand.

Bummer Knees

well done and buy plastic...........
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Best of Luck Bummer, and I Hope All Goes Well with Your Thumb!!Wink

Good news, I have gained a little strength in my grip, and my ROM has seen a little improvement.

Today I had x-rays on the thumb, any exercises I do involving the thumb causes pain and according to the occupational therapist this is limiting my progress.

I had x-rays of the thumb a couple of yrs ago and was told the joint was worse then my knee, laughing!

But I am happy I'm seeing some improvement.

Gotta get this hand in shape so I can have surgery on the other one.

smiling...I am happy for you bummer...keep it up. Also have you ever heard of the wii... it is a game that works with your body. It has a personal trainer and fitness training. I am starting to use it for balance and it is great...I am already seeing a difference...love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Red we bought the kids one a couple of months ago...it is not your normal video game....you can really work up a sweat with this one......kids love the bowling and tennis
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Keep on trying Bummer!

LillyBig Grin
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

I have a question and have decided not to start a new thread because my question is about the other hand.

Due to the delays of court I still wait on the adding of the carpal tunnel to the claim.
One day the attorney says adding it will be a good thing the next day he says differently.

THe right hand is worse then the left (ct surgery was June for the left) and the surgeon wanted to do surgery on the right hand in June. That didn't happen because because of the wait for the judge's decision.

Now for the question:
I now have numbness of the top of the hand, fingers have been numb for awhile. It feels like an insect crawling on the top of the hand. (Course there isn't)

Is this normal or a progression of what is going on with the hand?

The NCT I had a year ago (Sept 08) results were mild/moderate CT of the median & ulmer nerve.

At this time I am not seeing an OS for the hand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting massage therapy after the ACDF Bummer Knees 7 10,224 04-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Starting Medical Treatment Bummer Knees 51 33,107 05-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Starting physical therpy Bummer Knees 4 3,465 09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Starting Physical Therapy Bummer Knees 37 13,868 01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Where's Tuffy & starting school tomorrow monster 10 4,512 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Last Post: monster