Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
epidural in lower back
hello i'm new here but have been reading a lot of posts.I have been injured since 3/09.comp cut me off because my dr said i could lift at least a 1lb and stand 10 mins at a time and they had work for me(i was a shift manager at a resturant),ridiculous.Any way i have been told i nedd surgerey on both shoulders and possible on my lower back sice its a herniated disc sitting on s1 nerve affect everything.I'm 36 and my pain management dr want to give me epidural(spinal)but doesn't think its will work.My question is if he doesn't think it will work why should i do it?All the horror stories i hear and i have a very low tolerance for pain,If i refuse will this hurt my case later?I do get sdi and as i stated before w/c stop paying me in may,even though my case was accepted.Can someone help please.yes i have a attorney ,but they suck.
W/C in CAlifornia

My advice but only my opinion is I would fire that attorney and get me a new one. I can not understand how and why people get attorney and dr's they are not happy with.... Those people should be working for you for your and have your best interest at heart. They should be there to give u the best medical care out there for you.....choose Wisely when u choose dr's and attorneys in life.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Cervical_Fusion Wrote:My advice but only my opinion is I would fire that attorney and get me a new one. I can not understand how and why people get attorney and dr's they are not happy with.... Those people should be working for you for your and have your best interest at heart. They should be there to give u the best medical care out there for you.....choose Wisely when u choose dr's and attorneys in life.

thank you and i 'm trying to get rid of this lawyer they won't even return my call or the nurse case manager who keeps calling and showing up to my appointments.my question is can i refuse that epidural and will it hurt my case?

Yes, you can refuse the epidural as well as any tests. The problem with doing that is, your claim may be closed. The IC can view it as, you do not want to get better.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Before any back surgery, all modalities need to be tried. Surgery is always the last resort. You can refuse the ESI's but that may cut off your chance of getting a needed surgery. The ESI may help, but then again it may not.

Sorry you lost your original position with your RTW. WC is a tough road to travel. I take it your claim was denied after 90 days? What was your injury?

Take care! Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

I hope I can say this right but your PM doc maybe telling you it's not going to help but what he may not be telling you is it is something they need to try any way. Sometimes they have to try things just so they can elminate stuff. It some of what WC and insurance companies want them to do to try and fix the problem before they spend more money. My wife had a qallbladder attack some years back, the doctor told her he would be taking it out later that day. Then they came back in and said the insurance company wanted more tests before they could remove it. Several tests later and a couple of days in the hospital later they took it out. In that case they could have saved money if they would have just let the doctor remove it in the first place. They just don't want to believe the doctors sometimes, they might save money sometimes or they wouldn't do it.

chrischris Wrote:Before any back surgery, all modalities need to be tried. Surgery is always the last resort. You can refuse the ESI's but that may cut off your chance of getting a needed surgery. The ESI may help, but then again it may not.

Sorry you lost your original position with your RTW. WC is a tough road to travel. I take it your claim was denied after 90 days? What was your injury?

Take care! Tongue

Thank you for for your response,the sad part about this is, not only is there video of the incident .My claim was accepted imediately.

no. you can refuse the treatment.
if there is no other treatment options then you will get rated.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hi sontaysyw,

Well dear, I feel sorry for your sad condition but Doctor is saying right about the epidural operation. It is good to cure rather than getting pain at the older age. Take a suggestion of doctor and cure your pain. Live happily and do regular exercise, yoga which give you energy and good posture which cures your back pain or epidural pain.

Thanks
[url=http://www.vitabits.de/antioxidant/]nahrungserganzung[/url]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA Lower Back Injury Settlement back2036 3 1,350 10-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Cervical Epidural Gone Wrong Babebahn 7 2,211 01-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  epidural injections for herniated disc? nurse83 22 42,576 04-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Last Post: pattik1130
  Advise for workers comp claim. Only 20yrs old w/ damage to disc in lower back!! brandnew23 17 26,637 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM
  lower lubar fuse maxzillia 1 2,131 05-11-2015, 11:23 AM
  Epidural Lipomatosis hurt back 1 3,399 11-14-2012, 01:31 PM
  End of treatment? Lower back injury in CA PainOC 10 13,426 10-10-2012, 12:39 PM
  Injuried lower back Hurt medic 6 5,393 08-05-2012, 11:02 AM
  Had first Epidural last week, got another surprise! bagpussinamerica 0 3,725 05-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Upper/ Lower Back. Isnt it all connected?? wavewright 4 4,925 05-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Last Post: AQA