Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
claim closed
Hello, Everyone,

If some of you still remember my case, I am the one who was in voc rehab for more than two years. After many IME's and Fce's, they came up with one job what they say I can do...Receptionist. So they closed my claim saying I can go to unemployment office to find a position. I will talk to lawyer next week, but I still don't understand, how can they just kick me out of the system without any help, meaning job search etc. I also have pending appeal with the Board on my depression issues and I thought they have to continue time loss until that one is decided.
I had an awful month, I just attended one of my sister's funeral who died unexpected at the age of 58. I keep thinking, what's next?

Kat

katicabogar Wrote:Hello, Everyone,

If some of you still remember my case, I am the one who was in voc rehab for more than two years. After many IME's and Fce's, they came up with one job what they say I can do...Receptionist. So they closed my claim saying I can go to unemployment office to find a position. I will talk to lawyer next week, but I still don't understand, how can they just kick me out of the system without any help, meaning job search etc. I also have pending appeal with the Board on my depression issues and I thought they have to continue time loss until that one is decided.
I had an awful month, I just attended one of my sister's funeral who died unexpected at the age of 58. I keep thinking, what's next?

Kat

I'm sorry about the loss of your sister, Kat.

Regarding your claim: It's not closed until it is officially closed. What does your lawyer say?

so sorry Kat..I have buried 2 sisters and it isnt easy...my heart and prayers go out to you..as for the rest..I firmly believe WC will do what they want and worry about the consequences later if they get caught....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Lost my sister when she was only 46, at any age it's never easy. If I would have been going thru all the WC bs back then it would have made it 10 times as hard. Wish you the best.

So Sorry to Hear of Your Sister's Passing, and I Hope Your Attorney can Shed some Light on Your Case. Please Keep Us Informed!

I am sorry for the loss of your sister, my prayers are with you.

If work comp has tried to close you claim and you do not think it is fair, then it is time to contact your attorney.

It is time to be a self advocate.

I am also sorry to hear of the loss of your sister sweetie. Please know you are in my prayers ans I am thinking of you.

Please listen to the good advice you've been given and contact your attorney ASAP. Stay on them until you get an answer.

Hugs and prayers,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Awwww Kat! My sincere sympathy pours out to you and your family on the loss of your sister. It is never easy at any age to loose a loved one.

You are correct...you're getting a double whammy dumped on you this month!
I hope your lawyer sticks it to em (WC)....hard I know, but be patient you must!

Prayers are going up for you ! Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Kat....so sorry for your loss. I had one sister and lost her 7 years ago at 51. My prayers are with you and your family.

As far as WC goes I think you have been given the best advice by those in front of me. Best of luck.

Kee an open eye on your depression. When we suffer because of WC and then suffer a personal tragedy the depression deepens.

Thank you All for the kind words regarding my sister's death. I just don't know anymore how to deal with all of these blows what I am getting lately.

I spoke with lawyer's assistant today and I heard nothing good regarding my claim.
They don't think it is worth spending more money on doctors opinion regarding what type of work can I do. Since my own doctor agreed that I can do at least one of the jobs what voc counselor recommended(receptionist), lawyer doesn't think I have a good chance fighting this. Also, they are withdrawing the depression appeal from the Board because they say, it is almost impossible to prove my depression has anything to do with my injuries or the pain.
To top it up, the last IME gave me ZERO impairment rating, overriding the previous IME's ratings of 5% on both hands. I never had any ratings done by my doctors and the current one doesn't do this. Previously, lawyer told me, even this 5% rating was ridicoulus due to the five surgeries what I had on both hands and will see to it that I get a fair rating. Now the most what they are willing to do is try to get a rating with an AMA doctor on whom both sides agree becasue it wouldn't cost any money.

On the vocational issue, they might be able to protest the transferable skill(receptionist) issue if I contact all five employers in the labor market survey and can prove, they require more skills than what I have, mainly working knowledge of Excel, Quickbook etc. But I was told they had many many clients protesting vocational outcome but only one won the case in the past.

I don't know anymore what to think, is my lawyer selling me out or I just don't have a good case. Since 2006 I couldn't even get any treatment and I didn't have either insurance or money to try to find a good doctor who would back me up. Lawyer found me my current doctor who lost a court case for me in 2007 regarding some of my trigger finger issues because he didn't even know I wasn't working and was found not credible by the judge. This doctor also thinks, my problems with the arms, fingers, shoulders are not carpal tunnel related, but the bulging discs in my neck which was found not injury related.

So here I am thinking, finally they broke me after five long years because I just don't have any more strenght to fight. I could try to find an other lawyer but not sure if any would take my case. An other lawyer(my daughter's boss) told me, maybe I should try to get a job as a receptionist and if I can't do it than I can re-open my claim.
At least one good thing is that I got the SSDI in June so I have a little income and Medicare. On this issue, I have to do some research, since I am thinking trying to find at least a part time job, but not sure how much can I earn without loosing the SSDI or get penalized.

Kat

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Politics and Healthcare Sub Forum Closed admin 3 3,917 05-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jayne