Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctor Woes-CA
Piriformis syndrome is a soft tissue injury of the piriformis muscle and therefore should be treated like any other soft tissue injury. Immediately following an injury, or at the onset of pain, the R.I.C.E.R. regime should be employed. This involves Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation, and Referral to an appropriate professional for an accurate diagnosis.

It is critical that the R.I.C.E.R. regime be implemented for at least the first 48 to 72 hours. Doing this will give you the best possible chance of a complete and full recovery.

The next phase of treatment (after the first 48 to 72 hours) involves a number of physiotherapy techniques. The application of heat and massage is one of the most effective treatments for removing scar tissue and speeding up the healing process of the muscles and tendons.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Doesn't a diagnosis of 2 herniated discs rule out the piriformis syndrome, since it has been shown that this isn't just a soft tissue injury anymore? I'm very nervous about the possibility of surgery. HELP!!!
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

you are entitled to a second opinion before undergoing spinal surgery.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I Agree with 1171, You need a Second Opinion, and I wouldn't get too Worked Up about Surgery Yet, have You even seen a Neuro. or Ortho. Dr.? Your Case and Injury is in Very Early Phases, and There may be a Procedure or Treatment that will Help You besides Surgery! Not Every Herniation means Surgery, it Depends on the Placement of the Herniation, the Size, and How the Dr.'s Feel about the Best treatment Plan for You! You need a Lot More Info. before even Deciding on which Route to Take! My Best to You, and I Hope You can Heal Surgery Free!!Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 2,575 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 1171
  My MSA Woes..... lucky 2 2,322 08-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Last Post: lucky
  Tpm's neck woes continue tpm 34 12,891 02-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Last Post: notreadytogo
  More back woes tpm 11 4,877 07-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Last Post: tpm