Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
had court hearing
I had a hearing 2 days ago in california,I understand that my atty was appealing to get the rights for my medical treatment,carrier was denying my surgery saying the ortho was not in theyr network,I was in court for about 10 minutes, I never saw any judge, but my atty came out and say we have won what we wanted, and sent me on my way with out any explanations,so Iam hoping that I get my surgery done soon I have been waiting 13 months while in pain,have one collapsed disk and 3 bulged disks,has anyone ever had a laminectomy-diskstomy in more then one disk done at one time?doctor says there will be no hardware involved,any Ideas what to expect as far as recovery time...would appreciate any input

FYI
if it was a hearing then both parties have appeal rights (approx 30 days)
If it was a conference then you should get some action before that.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-03-2009, 12:31 PM)highdesertguy Wrote: I had a hearing 2 days ago in california,I understand that my atty was appealing to get the rights for my medical treatment,carrier was denying my surgery saying the ortho was not in theyr network,I was in court for about 10 minutes, I never saw any judge, but my atty came out and say we have won what we wanted, and sent me on my way with out any explanations,so Iam hoping that I get my surgery done soon I have been waiting 13 months while in pain,have one collapsed disk and 3 bulged disks,has anyone ever had a laminectomy-diskstomy in more then one disk done at one time?doctor says there will be no hardware involved,any Ideas what to expect as far as recovery time...would appreciate any input

The judge will come up with rating and award instructions based on medical records and testimony. Both parties have the right to appeal the judge's decision within 30 days. If no Appeal the award becomes final. Any monies due will be dispersed based upon instructions.

(03-27-2011, 02:13 AM)dzftvh Wrote:
(09-03-2009, 12:31 PM)highdesertguy Wrote: I had a hearing 2 days ago in california,I understand that my atty was appealing to get the rights for my medical treatment,carrier was denying my surgery saying the ortho was not in theyr network,I was in court for about 10 minutes, I never saw any judge, but my atty came out and say we have won what we wanted, and sent me on my way with out any explanations,so Iam hoping that I get my surgery done soon I have been waiting 13 months while in pain,have one collapsed disk and 3 bulged disks,has anyone ever had a laminectomy-diskstomy in more then one disk done at one time?doctor says there will be no hardware involved,any Ideas what to expect as far as recovery time...would appreciate any input

The judge will come up with rating and award instructions based on medical records and testimony. Both parties have the right to appeal the judge's decision within 30 days. If no Appeal the award becomes final. Any monies due will be dispersed based upon instructions.

OK, now I am confused. Was this hearing to make them pay for the medical care you need, or was it so the judge could come up with a rating?

I have a 3 level cervical fusion but i have hardware with it
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hearing settlement court day Loser2015 6 4,097 10-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Last Post: 1171
  court hearing..question highdesertguy 1 3,166 10-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Last Post: 1171
  1st court hearing Feb 3rd 2010 karenrae 13 9,051 12-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Industrial Court Hearing Officers Netta 2 3,529 06-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Netta
  Industrial Court Hearing Coming Up/MMI? Netta 0 3,731 04-18-2009, 10:28 PM