Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
affirmed decision of appeal
well hopefuly today is the day that letter i got from my lawyer yesterday would say its on its way? i know the case had to go back to the original law judge for further processing. and that decision was made on 9/3/09 so may i have to wait for the judge to make the final ruling on awards? i hope it doesnt take anothe 7 months

Good Luck blake! I have you in my prayers that your check arrives!
Don't keep us in suspense...let us know what happens!
Try to relax ...deep breaths , slow and steady!

LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

thank you iam trying this is killing me lol i will let you know as soon as it does

so it sounds like the decision was not a final ruling and therefore the duty to pay and penalty provisions will not start until there is a final ruling.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

no check today but i did call the comp board and they told me they cant appeal anymore because all 3 judges had affirmed the decision. so with that said it should have been mailed on fri so should be here tom. i have mover and i takes an extra couple days for mail because its being forwarded.so lets hope tom

even with the decision of the appeal was affimed in my favor can they hold off on paying me just cause they dont want to? like i said friday was the 10th day so im kinda wondering whats going on here they love to wait till the last legal day they have to send out my check so im sure that what they did,

I was just curious. I thought if you have a lawyer that the check would be sent to the lawyer and he would be the one to send it to you? I never had a lawyer but I always read people on here that have had checks mailed to their lawyer for their lawyer to distribute to them. Just a thought.

Do not get your hopes up to much as WC loves stall tactics and I know it is hard to not want them to hurry and send the check but waiting for a check to come is very frustrating as you have seen first hand. There could be many things that caused this to be delayed and moving could also be one of them.

Have you checked with your post office to make sure it is not there? You never know as it could of come certified and just could possibley be at the post office still. I am just thinking here. Sorry, but now you got me wondering when the heck the check will come...LOL Let us know as soon as you hear anything. Good luck.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

thank you sparkey. i know that in the past my checks have always come right to me but because this one will big very large sum of almost 8 months worth that could change things. maybe a check that larrge they dont want to just leave in the mailbox i could be coming certified? i think that moving will push it back a couple days as i know alot of my mail has been coming late due to it being forwarded. but today i wait and look out the window for the mailman again lol. i will let you know as sooon as it gets here. i know in a letter i just recived from my lawyer they asked the judge for a very large sum of 3500 for their fees for over 5 years i have only paid like 100 here or there but know they know i have a very large sum coming they think im rich, no money in 8 months deff doesnt make me rich just because its a big check. kills me they are asking for that much and maybe the judge will bring that amount down i hope so anyways

well i just got some great news i just talked to my lawyer and my check was ent out on the 14th and it was sent to my old address so it should be here today! and my weekly payments are back in effect finaly some good news

yes keep the carrier (and the courts) updated on your address especially when you are expecting money and timely communication.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disability Classification appeal Steve07NYC 12 3,802 01-03-2020, 08:42 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Appeal redsoxfan 4 2,170 12-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  Decision redsoxfan 11 6,573 02-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Disability rating and appeal Torn 27 21,912 10-15-2015, 11:18 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  i think i got a decision holla85 4 6,385 01-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Last Post: poppy481647
  Question regarding Appeal of MMI and Disability kerrtxgjg 1 5,238 07-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  How long does a appeal take in WI readyformylifeback 3 7,128 05-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Last Post: readyformylifeback
  wants to pull appeal or settle? stressed worker 8 9,128 12-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Won 2nd Appeal !!! Rec'd IME Rating 1% NO JOKE Netta 7 14,747 08-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
Sad directions in appeal earnestrozier 14 12,083 06-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Last Post: earnestrozier