Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
affirmed decision of appeal
so i got my letter today from the appeals board that i have been waiting for 7 months and the 3 appellete judges affirmed the decision of the judges decision that was in my favor 7 months ago. this is great news finaly. my question is what happens next and they owe me over 7 months back pay when should i get that?

Check with Your Attorney, they May Owe You Interest, and /or Penalty Monies! Congratulations on Your Win!!Smile

another question i was told they have 30 days to appeal again for a full board review? comp just told me that the 3 judges that affirmed the appeal in my favor are 3 very strong judges and the ins comp would have to have a very good case to take it to another appeal. my guess is they will appeal but im hoping not. anyone have any history of this or input on if they will?

also now that the decision has been affirmed do they have to start payments now even if they decise to appeal? and thank you this is a big relief its been a long road that i hope ends today !

can anyone help me on this?

If they do appeal they wont pay until it goes back to court and it is decided in your favor. Insurance Companies love to use stall tactics such as appealing . Hard to tell whether they will or not. Yes , they will have to pay you the retroactive payments once it is finalized. Not sure how long they have to pay it .
7 Yr survivor of the NY State workers compensation system

ok because i was told in order to appeal and for it to go to the supreme court they would have to have a very going reason for doing so,such as the 3 law judges that just reviewd the appeal would of had to of broke some kind of law and it would have to be accepted first before the final appeal goes forward. i have recieved a payment since feb 17th when they filed their first appeal. i was told they cant appeal just because they want to they need a very good reason. not sure if thats true but thats what i have been told. my lawyer said they have 10 days from yesterday to issue a check if i dont recieve one they appealed.

so now im told by my lawyer the ins comp has 30 days to appeal the 3 law judges affimed decision of my last hearing the law just ruled in my favor to take it to the supreme court? i just read through the letter of affirmed decision from the 3 law judges and eveything they tried to appeal was shot right down and not one thing in the letter was against me. i know how ins companies love to stall but honestly they have lost on every angle now does anyone see this going any further? i was told if i dont recieve a check within 10 days they are gonna appeal. just wondering if anyone has gone through this and what is the likelyhood of this going to the supreme court? any help would be great thank you

Hello Blake. Are you nervious? Are you confident? Do you have faith in the one above? It will be alright.

most likely the highest they will appeal is to Court of Appeal.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Appeal redsoxfan 4 722 12-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  Decision redsoxfan 11 4,071 02-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Disability rating and appeal Torn 27 15,646 10-15-2015, 11:18 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  i think i got a decision holla85 4 5,231 01-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Last Post: poppy481647
  Backpay after Full Commission Appeal VA Bussy 2 4,008 11-10-2013, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Bussy
  will i still be on light duty while waiting on my appeal cbcalles 1 3,887 08-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Question regarding Appeal of MMI and Disability kerrtxgjg 1 4,507 07-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  How long does a appeal take in WI readyformylifeback 3 6,085 05-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Last Post: readyformylifeback
  wants to pull appeal or settle? stressed worker 8 7,518 12-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Last Post: jayne
  claim denied - appeal or lawyer up? jlarson 4 7,647 03-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Last Post: jlarson