Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with conflicting Dr. reports in AZ
I had an IME who states light duty with certain restrictions that leaves room for interpretation by the employer. I have been off work since April with a ruptured C5/C6 and my factors have not changed. I have been to a line of doctors before the IME and all of them say off work because I work in a prison and possibility for injury. My nueologist won't remove the no work restricton until I see a nuerosurgeon. However, work sent me a certified letter to return to work. I haven't heard anything from the workers comp people regarding the change and was told that they were the ones who had to release me to work through a notice of change. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

IME's Paid for by Ins. Co.'s will almost 99.9% Show You can do More than Your Treating Dr. allows, that gives the Employer the Opportunity to Offer You Modified Work, and if You don't Comply, They can then Start the Process of trying to Stop and Close Your Case. You Need Help from an Attorney that Deals in the w/c Arena, to Request Depositions from All Dr.'s Involved in Your Case, and then a Hearing to have the Judge Decide which Dr. is More Credible. But Right Now, Your Dr. is the Only One that can Release You to Work, so stay with what Your Dr. Informs You! Best of Luck, and Please let Us know how things are going!Wink

Still in Limbo Wrote:IME's Paid for by Ins. Co.'s will almost 99.9% Show You can do More than Your Treating Dr. allows, that gives the Employer the Opportunity to Offer You Modified Work, and if You don't Comply, They can then Start the Process of trying to Stop and Close Your Case. You Need Help from an Attorney that Deals in the w/c Arena, to Request Depositions from All Dr.'s Involved in Your Case, and then a Hearing to have the Judge Decide which Dr. is More Credible. But Right Now, Your Dr. is the Only One that can Release You to Work, so stay with what Your Dr. Informs You! Best of Luck, and Please let Us know how things are going!Wink

I spoke with my Dr. today and she told me that my workmans comp person told her that I was no longer going to be going there and she is changing my doctor. I was sent to an IME in the same field and his report says he is not my doctor. Crazy. I spoke with an attorney and the commission, they say that I can put in for a change of doctor and see whatever doctor I want because the company is not self insured as long as it is a doctor that is not less that recommended. Now I have no doctor and can't get meds refilled. What a nightmare. I didn't even think it was legal for her to do this.

My Opinion Only, You need to Retain an Attorney to get this Straightened Out! Your Health is Number One, and You need Your Meds. to Help You Heal!Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  medical reports from dr's. who don't take WC jerseylock 4 5,374 05-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Last Post: jerseylock
  IME REPORTS queenbee 3 4,522 08-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Ame Reports Shadow 18 21,196 07-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Sr.CE
  PQME reports chrischris 8 12,608 11-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Reports Fuman 12 8,539 01-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  inaccurate reports snowbear 13 9,927 08-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Reports Geneva Renollet 2 3,048 04-19-2008, 05:40 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  Investigation Reports Llanonite` 3 4,330 04-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
  What different forms should you ask for when getting reports ? tweety00 3 3,513 10-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  AME Reports/ What the hell! Confusedd 10 9,178 08-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Confusedd