Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here from Indiana?
I am only blaming him for the things that he has not done it was weeks after the injury before he even got in touch with the IC. Also I called him and left a message and he still has not called me back. I can understand that he is busy and that I need to be patient but after two weeks I am starting to get a little annoyed with him. Also my ER refused to give me any of my claim info so I called my atty to get it and I ended up having to go about getting it on my own because he was no help.

Yes I was the one injured during my home nursing job.

Some of the problems that I am still having with IC is that they still have not sent me anything. Not a denial nor a approval and not a single penny and it has now been over five weeks. They are not authorizing my prescriptions. I am getting bills from the WC docs that they sent me to and set up the apppointments for. I have been waiting for what seems like forever even though I know it hasn't been forever for them to authorize mt PT. Pretty much the only thing that they have done at all is file with the WC board 19 days after I filed the injury report with my ER. I am sure others have went through this and much worse I guess I need to stop being a baby and suck it up, but it is hard to do when you are in pain and feel like there is no end to it all Sad

TIRED- It sounds like you need to call your lawyer and set up appointment and go and see him. Before you go sit down and write a list of all your questions and anything you want to know more about.
Keep a journal of events and all phone calls. Write down date, time, who you spoke with and what was said by who. Any action taken and by who. All so write down a list of things you can not do now that you are injuried. Assess you level of pain on a 1-10 scale and decribe you pain, any changes in level of pain with movement or active as well as difficults with walking, sitting, standing, lying. When you see a doctor ask to be sent a copy of there report at the time you see them as this way you can keep up with your records. Get a file box and file each report by doctors name. Get copy of all test and results.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

TiredOfHurting09 Wrote:Just wondering if there were any others here from the Hooiser state?

No, but i did stay at the Holiday Inn Express last night.[Image: image004rollingontheefloor-1.gif]

TiredOfHurting09

Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 weeks to get things rolling.

My opinion, is that you speak with your employer, and have them call their Insurance Adjustor, and ask if there are any issues holding up your treatment, or your TTD checks. To me, that is a way better way to start. In fact even faster then the way an attorney can help in some cases. An attorney may need to apply for a hearing, and if back logged, can take up to 3 months.

At what time or how soon after injured, did you hire an attorney, like 1 week after, 2 or 3 weeks after?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Welcome to our family. I'm from PA .but I do have a Hooiser so that makes us almost from the same state.
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

RNvic Wrote:TIRED- It sounds like you need to call your lawyer and set up appointment and go and see him. Before you go sit down and write a list of all your questions and anything you want to know more about.
Keep a journal of events and all phone calls. Write down date, time, who you spoke with and what was said by who. Any action taken and by who. All so write down a list of things you can not do now that you are injuried. Assess you level of pain on a 1-10 scale and decribe you pain, any changes in level of pain with movement or active as well as difficults with walking, sitting, standing, lying. When you see a doctor ask to be sent a copy of there report at the time you see them as this way you can keep up with your records. Get a file box and file each report by doctors name. Get copy of all test and results.

The only problem with setting up a appointment with him is that he is over two hours away, and a thirty minute drive to the doctor is more pain than I can deal with. I am getting all my doc reports asap Smile I am going to my PTP tomorrow and I will get one from her then. I have a copy of my MRI reports and so far that is all they have done.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:TiredOfHurting09

Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 weeks to get things rolling.

My opinion, is that you speak with your employer, and have them call their Insurance Adjustor, and ask if there are any issues holding up your treatment, or your TTD checks. To me, that is a way better way to start. In fact even faster then the way an attorney can help in some cases. An attorney may need to apply for a hearing, and if back logged, can take up to 3 months.

At what time or how soon after injured, did you hire an attorney, like 1 week after, 2 or 3 weeks after?
Everytime I call my employer they tell me that my boss is busy and that they will give her the message, but she never calls me back. I have been trying to contact her for over 3 weeks now with no luck.

As for the attorney I sent in all the paperwork a week after the injury but he did not process anything or even take my case until about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks after the injury. It was then around 4 weeks or so after the injury before he sent a letter of representation to the IC and my ER.

Should I send in the form Request for Assistance to my state WC board or would that just be a slap in my own face?

backache Wrote:Welcome to our family. I'm from PA .but I do have a Hooiser so that makes us almost from the same state.

Nice to meet you Big Grin

Hi! I can step foot in Indiana (almost) from my area in Michigan!
Welcome!!

LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  indiana storms hurt at work 2 2,338 06-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Last Post: collateraldamage5591