Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fingers on both hands
i got hurt at work and severed 3 fingers on right hand at the base and 2 fingers on my left at the base ,ive had 3 surgeries now to correct them to bending only at base , im a maint supervisor and thats what ive done all my life is work with my hands ,what kind of settlement should i look for and should i get an attorney, thanks , leeSadSad

each state has their own rules on what benefits are paid.
if there is a dispute or disagreement then either side can take the issue to the comp court for a decision. while an atty is not required to go to court, many chose legal representation then.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Oh that must have hurt terribly, and what an awful life-altering injury. I hope everything works out for you. Are you getting counseling? Being a supervisor one day, and then not being able to work the next day brings on manh psychological effects. I wish you the best!

I don't know what State you are in, but your best defense is to learn the laws of your state. Go to the top of this page and bring down the meno entitled "State Info". I'm in California and fingers are worth very much in settlement. Doesn't make sense to me!

An attorney would be a good idea in your case. Just my opinion! Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

leesdavis Wrote:i got hurt at work and severed 3 fingers on right hand at the base and 2 fingers on my left at the base ,ive had 3 surgeries now to correct them to bending only at base , im a maint supervisor and thats what ive done all my life is work with my hands ,what kind of settlement should i look for and should i get an attorney, thanks , leeSadSad

Sounds like your injury is very serious--& making a living with your hands? If I were you I would definitely get a workman's compensation attorney to represent you.

Good Luck--hopefully you will get some use of your hands back so you can continue your work.

Seek out a good workmans comp attorney is the best advice I would give you. So sorry to hear of such a horrible injury. Your hands of all things, something you need everyday of your life to survive. Wishing you the best and keep us posted. Take care.

Cajun Hugssssssssssss,
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't use my hands - UAW Worker - MI HandsHurtin 2 2,306 09-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Last Post: HandsHurtin
  Too many hands in the pot excluding the most important player chrischris 13 12,282 04-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Last Post: kev_b
Sad fell hurt back worse-now my hands in pain golfalots 4 9,839 08-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Last Post: golfalots
  Fingers crushed in AR arfieroman 22 10,510 07-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Burning pain from toes to hands maw1953 5 3,461 07-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Last Post: grundig