Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help regarding retired injured person
i retired from Ford motor company with an injured back, the injury was at work and i made a claim. i was told that i could sue for injuries after i retired. now i'm receiving a pension and would like to know if i can sue workmans comp for my injuries. I live in Michigan.
no. workers compensation is the exclusive remedy against and employer for a work injury.
depending on the statute of limitations yo may still have time to file a work comp claim for injuries during the time you were employed.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AVOID IN PERSON QMEs in CALIFORNIA 1171 0 840 04-12-2020, 02:06 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Whole person impairment?? childofpromise 1 4,738 03-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Already retired, but now have to have Neck fusion Barefoot 5 5,378 03-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Last Post: 1171
  when person filing for workers comp dies before settlement tmask 4 11,249 10-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Last Post: gba2011
  Can a person get SSI while waiting for SSDI?? borninabarn 6 20,270 09-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  settlement;? after person dies highdesertguy 7 15,497 05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Last Post: highdesertguy
  5% Whole Person Impaired Paulie112099 9 40,386 05-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  new person here I have lots of ?'s yellowbasil 6 5,634 03-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Last Post: yellowbasil
  Interiew...voc person will be happy! Lilly 8 5,612 05-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Spring

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)