Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fell hurt back worse-now my hands in pain
Sad 
Thank you for your help--now I have another situation I hope someone will be able to help with? When I fell out of school bus in March 2009 I hurt many parts; my back was the worse. I have been receiving treatment and WC is taking care of. Went back to work for 2 1/2 months in pain could barely walk. I will be receiving shots in back next week and still receiving monthly check for wages.(light duty not available)
Also original fall bruised right wrist they x-rayed nothing showed (that's a good thing) still only concerned about back due to pain.
Well I wore a brace on my right hand for a few weeks-noticed some discomfort especially when raising very difficult windows and grasping onto the steering wheel in both wrists. Still my back hurt me the most so I ignored hands thinking it was just due to old age! 65
Well I have been swimming to strengthen my back PT said I should-But now my wrists, thumbs fingers are tingling, falling asleep and really hurting much more then before so now I think maybe there is a problem. When first happened I only complained about right hand-so I dont know what to to about left?? maybe it was or not hurt?
My question is could this be job related-I feel so guilty to add another problem to WC-I just know they think I am lying I AM NOT. The IC said due to some neck problems in the past this could be the problem and said I should use my own INS. I am covered another 3 months due to FMLA leave.
I know some have you have gone through so much and I feel terrible for your pain-So now i am worried because my hands are so bad they hurt almost as bad as my back. I THINK I WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF NEVER GOING BACK TO WORK. But needed to help my husband and thought it would be a good thing but now I am just a drain on society.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP LSadSad

You need to go see your treating physican and explain the situation to him/her. Ask the doctor to comment in the evaluation report his/her opinion as to the 1) diagnosis of the hand(s) injury/condition, 2) treatment needed for this and 3) medical opinion as to whether or not this is related to the wc injury or to the prior neck problems.

Based on what the doctor says you will have a clearer direction on how to proceed; either through wc or through your own medical insurance. Good luck.

Question 
Junior Wrote:You need to go see your treating physican and explain the situation to him/her. Ask the doctor to comment in the evaluation report his/her opinion as to the 1) diagnosis of the hand(s) injury/condition, 2) treatment needed for this and 3) medical opinion as to whether or not this is related to the wc injury or to the prior neck problems.

Based on what the doctor says you will have a clearer direction on how to proceed; either through wc or through your own medical insurance. Good luck.

Thank you so much-I did go see a orthopedic-he said it is carpel tunnel, it started about year ago on the job but became worse over usage and due to falling etc etc-No it is not my neck-He wants me to have nerve studies I guess to check the extent of damage?
My question are-So now I guess I call claims adjuster because I don't know who will pay this? Or if I have to file new claim? I am very apprehensive about calling-But I guess I gotta do what I gotta do! What a big baby I am! AGAIN THANK YOU

I really feel for you. I had a back injury...still do. Am still on w/c when I recently had a fall because my leg gave out under pain. Injury related....BUT I called my surgeons office first and they told me to get my backside to the doctors office. I broke my hand, my little finger and my nose. All of which are considered injury related. I have no other insurance so I was glad when I was told it was accepted by w/c. I didn't have to talk to them though. I got an attorney a few months back and am glad I have one. He talked to them. I would not have wanted to have that conversation under any circumstances. They don't like me much anymore.

bagpussinamerica Wrote:I really feel for you. I had a back injury...still do. Am still on w/c when I recently had a fall because my leg gave out under pain. Injury related....BUT I called my surgeons office first and they told me to get my backside to the doctors office. I broke my hand, my little finger and my nose. All of which are considered injury related. I have no other insurance so I was glad when I was told it was accepted by w/c. I didn't have to talk to them though. I got an attorney a few months back and am glad I have one. He talked to them. I would not have wanted to have that conversation under any circumstances. They don't like me much anymore.

Thanks for the support-guess i will find an attorney asap-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Do I have to Continue PT if its making my pain worse ? Gabriel's My Angel 7 2,922 01-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 3,167 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
  Fell down at work (NY) - please help with workers comp questions Matumba 4 4,910 01-06-2017, 01:03 AM
  Low back pain, numbness in leg... WC claim? AMSchmitt79 3 3,940 03-31-2016, 01:49 PM
Last Post: AMSchmitt79
  Mover claims he hurt his back while moving. harrou86 4 2,799 01-13-2016, 06:09 PM
  Can't use my hands - UAW Worker - MI HandsHurtin 2 2,071 09-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Last Post: HandsHurtin
  Too many hands in the pot excluding the most important player chrischris 13 11,275 04-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Last Post: kev_b
  Back in pain Ar1999 4 4,506 02-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Ar1999
Question pain coming back 6yrs after disc replacement RockyTopVFL 6 10,055 04-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: hamrs_62
  Should I settle when pain is coming back lonelylib81 13 12,279 03-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Last Post: lonelylib81