Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LSI- Laser Spine Institute..
Has anybody heard of them and any info.....A friends knows somebody that has been treated by them and just curious about them. I have been on thier web site but wanted kind of a hands on expierence...

Yes, quite familiar and I'd rather not offer my opinion in a public forum but you might search on the infamous Dr. Bonati relationships with the various states legal systems yourself, it is easily available, and draw your own conclusions.
I can tell you that Laser spine surgery does not offer any advantages over traditional open procedures as far as outcomes are concerned based on any of the studies to date.

Hi Bronco, I Hope You are Well!! My Microdiscectomy only left about a 4 Inch Scar in My Lower Back, and I Believe they Removed the Half of My Disc at L5/S1, and also did My Laminectomy though that Small Incision, but I don't think it was Laser. Any Time You have to Deal with a Major Part of Your Body, such as Spine, Heart, etc. it's always Good to Explore All Possibilities, and to be Wary of anything that has not been being Used Extensively, and with a Good Track Record. My type of Surgery has a Great Success Rate, but We didn't know about My Body Producing Excessive Scar Tissue, it was My First Surgery!! Best of Luck, and Please let Us know what You find Out!!Wink

Thanks Still, Cycler.

That name looks very familiar and If my memory serves me well he is not a favorite on here........Just a thought was rolling in my head for a friend knows of this place............I will do some more searching...................Thanks again............Bronco

Bronco, I do believe the LSI used to sponsor this forum and they were very helpful in answering spine related questions from injured workers. They never initiated a solicitation for surgery from LSI; however, if someone asked specifically about their facility they had to contact them off the forum.

Most Insurance Companies use an MPN and unless LSI is in the MPN they cannot be used. I doubt that any MPN would carry them. Most of their clients are "self-paid", and most injured workers cannot afford that type of expense.
Let Go, and Let God......

If I remember correctly, Punk sent her records, MRI, CT etc to them for a consult , but I do not know the outcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on cervical spine Bummer Knees 10 5,404 05-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Last Post: jayne
  MRI of cervical spine Bummer Knees 4 3,099 04-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Question about CT scan for cervical spine Bummer Knees 7 6,641 08-31-2012, 10:21 PM
  Laser Spinal Surgery darrinb 0 2,114 04-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Last Post: darrinb
  Cervical spine Bummer Knees 22 12,814 03-27-2012, 04:59 PM
  Questions about the cervical spine Bummer Knees 2 2,698 06-30-2011, 10:26 AM
  Spine Stimulator Keeping the faith 3 3,890 05-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Use as Example Only, Spine Guide Bad Boy Bad Boy 7 4,531 04-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Last Post: stiffnecked
  Injured nurse.......doctor cancelled spine surgery Bummer Knees 25 9,678 02-13-2008, 10:17 PM
  Results of biopsy of the spine Bummer Knees 21 9,630 06-07-2007, 02:23 PM