Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unemployed and left with hernicated disc: Michigan
In my previous job from 2002 to 2007, I injured my back from manualy picking up heavy rolls of paper. I worked in a printiing shop. The company did not provide equipment to lift the rolls. I was only there maybe 6 mos. and I had siactic nerve problems. Time went on and I had server injury and went to the clinic. They took exrays and found my back was inflamed and siactic nerve pain. Prescribed medications and was put on resrictions. I never got better. I had injury over injury for 5 years. My plant supervisor got very mad that i went to their clinic, so the kind of person I am, I get intimitated very easily. I was afraid to complain again. What a big mistake that was!!!!!!!! This a very long story..........I'm trying to get to the point. Finially, I had insurance, I took it upon my self to get help. So, I went to back specilist and he scheduled me for an MRI and diagnois with a herniated disc. I have problem sitting and standing. He recomended I get physical therpy. I thought " that's not going to work" and it did'nt. I happen to mention to my supervisor what the diagnoisis was and within one day she told everyone in the front office and surprise, I had all sit down jobs for the next 8 mos. Is'nt that strange???? Well, sitting only made it worst, I was i sooo much pain all the time. Finally, 8 mos later, I got laid off! I was so happy I ran out of there so fast. That was Jan 2007. I collected unemployment 6 mos and relaxed for a while. I was hoping my back would get better in time, well, it didi'nt. With unemployment rising in Michigan it was difficult to find work. When I did, I found I could'nt hold down a job because no matter what kind of job I get, the pain is still there. Now it's Aug 11, 2009, and I can't find work and I can't work. I need advice as to what to do. I did file disibility and was denied. Lack of documention and what nots. I don't want disiblilty, I want my back fix so I can return to work with out pain. I'm so frustrated and don't know where to go for help.
Kitsa Mina

Hi Kit,

Did you ever fill out a work injury claim on your most recent back injury?
Also, one can file a cumulative injury (meaning it happened over a length of time, much like carpal tunnel syndrome does) but you would most likely need medical documentation to prove it. Have you been seeing a doctor for this over the years? Does he have it documented that it was caused by work?

Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

As Lilly Mentioned, and Disability Stated, You May not have the Documentation Required to Receive Help. You should have Filed this as a w/c Claim as soon as it Happened, and had Documentation from the Dr. Stating if they felt it was Work Related or not. Without those Steps being taken, it May be Tough to get the Help You need from w/c. Check the "State Info," Tab at the Top of the Page, You May still have Time to File the Claim! My Very Best, and I Hope You Feel Better!!Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad The only hope left is for political reform Buddy1114 0 671 03-31-2020, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Buddy1114
  So your doctor says you have a herniated or bulging disc California_Help 5 1,372 02-28-2020, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Jmrbutlerbey
  Settlement Questions- Michigan chubbygodofthunder 11 2,329 02-05-2020, 11:05 PM
Last Post: chubbygodofthunder
  when do wages start accruing (WC in michigan) tropic00 2 592 01-17-2020, 06:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CRPS left foot/ankle Sarcher 9 3,081 12-20-2018, 10:22 PM
  utah multiple amputations on left hand terin7fingers 3 2,994 04-19-2017, 06:25 PM
  Settling a lifetime medical on a herniated disc claim Peanut 2 4,879 06-13-2016, 07:15 PM
  Michigan permanent work restriction question dvande04 2 2,707 05-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Last Post: dvande04
  epidural injections for herniated disc? nurse83 22 41,991 04-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Last Post: pattik1130
  Michigan Comp Case MyBackHurtsBad 3 2,996 02-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Last Post: MyBackHurtsBad