Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardiologist told lie on me now what can I do
Rolleyes 
hello, my name is angela and i have an ongoing wc case in louisiana. i was injured on the job last yr and fell dislocating my shoulder. managers witnessed the fall and the ambulance carried me away. i was terminated from employment 2weeks later, had surgery#1 in jan, didnt fix the 3/4 crushed shoulder socket...anesthesia caused PSVT in which i had recurrent heart palpitations of up to 200 beats per min, then had a cardiac ablation in march, in which the prominent cardiologist got paid and refused to see me for a follow-up appt, no didnt want to help me again until i wound up in emergency and to save his rep he followed the er physicians lead to admit me for observation. in order to not see me again he dictated my problem is gastro, maybe due to the fall, but he feels im trying to milk wc. i am truly angered and hurt, i wrote a rebuttal to my Attorney but not sure what can I do next to make them see he is lying. what can I do? Also, if I want to change attorneys what can I do? Can anyone help me out there?

you can change attys at any time. interview a couple beforehand to make sure you get one that understands what you want.
the atty can take the doctor's deposition. you can go to a hearing and tell your story to the judge.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

thank you for the reply. I will interview some attorney's in the process. Do I need to inform them of this deal with the cardiologist? And the hearing....is it during my final hearing or some other hearing. I have a very long time before this case settles. I still need a surgical procedure called a "latarjet" shoulder procedure, later this year, and I have to get clearance from a cardiologist first. Of course I'm seeing another one for the clearance. Thank you

yes inform them of the issue with the cardiologist.
the atty will pick the best time and manner to deal with it.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Geeze.....Please, please steer wide and clear of cardio #1!
Get a great cardio...and stick with him. It's not uncommon for a cardio to pass the buck onto a gastro at first...as heart and gastro symptoms are very similar...he has to rule out the gastro problems prior to using more invasive procedures and meds. Apparently though, he was well aware of your need to have an ablation....and this procedure may have saved you a lifetime on heart beat regulating medicine.
Take care. lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

hello #3. I'm from La. also. get ready for a long ride here. sounds like you are in same area as i . seeing the same peoples as i . do not try to do it by yourself. there is really an invisible clich' down here. lawyers, doctors, ins. co's , mediators, pt's, lawmaker's ,and employers. have you seen or heard the new W/C laws passed this recent Legislative. Session. And also signed by the Governor. It is totally unfair to the injuried worker. Personally, I.m being screwed with no vasiling and being tolded that it is nothing but raindrops. My treating dr. has only seen me once for about a good 15mins. back in 04-08. Do not sign ANYTHING!!!!! not even an choice of physician form. They will only allowed one evaluation for an few minutes and then dispute the dr. findings with their dr. , how is in their pockets. Now you are stuck like Chuck. And nowhere to go but to the curb. Real deep. The only comfort you will get That will not cost you anything will be this Forum. You are not along. E-mail me if you like. Thanks for letting me share this. My shoulder feel a little lighter now. Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attorney told me to cash out claim and use own health insurance wcthaway 2 1,537 04-18-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Told by new doctor to go exercise? shefallsdown 2 1,962 02-10-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  I was told I will be fried dbowlin1414 14 9,687 11-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  Friend was told to use personal insurance Kryssa 6 7,059 09-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  worked light duty, then told can't work any more curious 2 8,958 06-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Last Post: tridgida
  Doctor told me they couldn't do anything else for me, Know what? Dirtydawg69 2 4,728 05-14-2010, 09:42 AM
  Live in CA, W/C told hub return monday 2 work- still disabled what now??? circsawmeetshand 6 6,600 11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Question my WC doctor told me one thing and my boss another. Please give advise notsure 6 9,605 03-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Last Post: cindy1sttimewc