Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK nurses fess up
anyone who believes you get rest in the hospital hasnt ever been in one......I want you nurses to fess up how do you tell when we have finally fallen asleep and its time to come in and throw on the lights to do vitals,give a sleeping pill ect.....I know there is a secret cuz I havent slept more than an hour at a time since we got here...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

We have little monitors that check you for REM. As soon as we know you have fallen asleep we come and wake you up. We get points for how mad we make you.....LOL
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jayne,
If that's not the truth. They always seem to come in as soon as you have fallen asleep.....lol. No, the hospital is not exactly a place for rest because they always seem to be coming in your room for something. They sure do keep things busy there.....lol. Doctors orders I guess. Hope Becca's counts were good enough this morning for them to do the testing they needs to do. Praying they find out where the bleeding is coming from real soon. Give Becca a big cajun hug for me. You know the kind I am talking about...lol. Love y'all!

Cajun Hugsssssssssss,
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

I've never had to spend the night in the hospital as the one lying in the bed. Spent many nights in the hospital because I worked for a hospital based ambulance service but thats not even close to the same thing. But any way it does seem like it is the last place to get a good nights sleep. If you needed meds around the clock or stuf like that I can see waking you up but to me its seems like they should leave you alone. Last time my wife was in there she was having chest pains so they had one of those wireless monitors on her so they could look at a screen somewhere and see she was alive so I don't see waking her up for anything.

Boy I can relate to this one, It seemed like everytime I fell asleep sure enough in they came... After surgery I was only able to bend at 35 degree anle and every muscle/ bone I didnot break it seemed they had to cut through it.. Every 4 hours they came in with meds for me to swallow, that woke me up now in between that I had IV bags changed and as you know they like the volume on them alarms at thier loudest. Then lets not forget the vitals and to add to it I had to have 4 exrays every 8 hours due to complications.... So really there is no sleep happening untill 6 weeks later they sent me to thier own rehab to teach my wife & I how to do the transfer thing (chair to bed----bed to chair. and once straong enough it was walker time.........then I was able to sleep 4 hours straight...........

Oh yeah lets not forget the catheter that the nurses kept forgetting to empty, when that bags full its full............

Sorry to lay this all out on your post Jayne.................Bronco

glad to know it isnt just me

Comeon you guys,,,,,,,,,, You go to a hospital to get well , not sleep. Mrs Jones, Mrs Jones Please wake up.......... It is time for your sleeping pill..ROFL

Per Dr's orders or Hospital protocal, Vitals are to be taken every shift if not more often. Meds and IV's are also given 24/7 per Dr"s orders, So blame the Doc's we just follow orders.

I believe it was because they were giving her blood they seemed to be taking it every 30 min or so

Jayne Blood vitals are taken on a schedule from the start of each unit, untill that unit is finished. So there is no problem with the patient having any sort of reaction or problem with the transfusion. A safety measure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurses bronco54501 7 5,966 09-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Last Post: red1030
  A question for the nurses? Bummer Knees 13 6,916 02-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Question Nurses and all joint replacements...Please capricorn 17 8,070 12-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  need help nurses jayne 14 6,678 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Last Post: jayne
  OK nurses jayne 12 6,743 06-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Nurses, and Anyone Else that can Help Please!!! Still in Limbo 40 21,575 06-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  A question for nurses Bummer Knees 8 5,556 01-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  A question for the nurses on the forum? Bummer Knees 11 7,207 12-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Question for Nurses. AQA 7 3,930 03-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Last Post: backache
  OK NURSES jayne 26 7,826 09-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Last Post: jayne