Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IME exam not favorable Lawyer says cash settlement??
Rolleyes 
Hi,
Never tried this before? I have been off work since Aug 2007. I have had carpel tunnel surgery, cubital tunnel release surgery, numerous physical therapy sessions, and Steroid injections in my neck. I have filed a work comp case have a attorney an I am receiveing LTD payments thru my employer. I was sent to a IME for employers lawye and the Dr. said my work has nothing to do with my injuries. I have extruded disks in neck that cause pain, The surgeries done have controlled some of my pain, but not entierly I live on pain medication Iam located in illinois Why can someone who examines me for 9 min decide my work played no factor in my injuries???Sad I feel as after going thru all of this since 2007 and someone's exam of 9 min is even accurate??? my lawyer wants to try for cash settlement? Iam frustrated in pain and very confused Can anyone help me?

What does your doctor say? IME's are not a cut and dry thing but it is something they will look at. If your doctor says differant then this is something they will look at too. Not knowing more about your case it's hard to say but it sounds alittle like your lawyer just wants some fast cash but I could be completely wrong. It maybe worth your time to speak with another lawyer.

Manley2 Wrote:What does your doctor say? IME's are not a cut and dry thing but it is something they will look at. If your doctor says differant then this is something they will look at too. Not knowing more about your case it's hard to say but it sounds alittle like your lawyer just wants some fast cash but I could be completely wrong. It maybe worth your time to speak with another lawyer.

Rolleyes 
Hi Thanks for responding to me. My Primary Dr made a letter out to my lawyer that says he belive's my injuries are work related. I have had ongoing neck shoulder and back hand wrist arm issues during my 11 year employment at my job. lawyer said the letter would not be addmisable in court I would need a deposition?? or something like testimony for a trail? Attorney advised that I will be fileing a cash settlement and also prepareing for a trial at the same time. This angers me greatly to be examined for 9 min and told it was not related to my work. They did not know me from Adam!!!!
More help appricated???

the length of the exam has little correlation with the accuracy of an insurance liability or disability determination.
An exam at the end of a person's treatment regime has a much different purpose then those at the begining.
you would be best served researching these concepts with a medical professional.
schedule an appointment with a doctor to discuss them or review the extensive literature on the subjects of diagnostic investigation, medical research and treatment as well as disability managment. they are very much different aspects of a vast and very sophistical medical practice field and should not be confused with each other.
physicians function in very specialized areas of medicine now adays.
the time of the old country doctor are long gone.
it is difficult for many to understand but one person or phsycian can't do it all anymore.
just too much in medicine has changed.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hi
I am still getting treatment for my condition. I do not belive it is the end of my treatment?
I live in ILLINOIS

I'm sorry you're correct.
i am not familiar with the details of your claim and can only speak generally but treatment for recovery and treatment for comfort are different. workers comp and disability focus primarily on treatment for recovery.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am confused treatment for comfort? treatment for recovery? I still have a possibility of more surgery. I would like to be as comfortable as possible while still trying to recover?

For the hearing you will need to have a deposition from your doctor. This were your lawyer and the employers lawyer will set down with a court reporter and ask questions. They can only use the letter but if any one objects then you have to get a depo.

What is a deposition?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lawsuit cash advance loans zest4life 13 13,316 05-25-2020, 05:49 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Attorney told me to cash out claim and use own health insurance wcthaway 2 1,238 04-18-2019, 11:13 AM
  Desperate for answers California IC offered me cash to buy my life medical Sugarpuss44 5 3,667 08-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  UnBiased? EXAM JohnDoe 6 5,422 10-16-2015, 04:21 PM
  occupational permanency exam angel1954 2 3,581 09-24-2015, 11:11 PM
  FCE Exam JohnDoe 6 5,666 09-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  Functional Capacity Exam marinechamp 13 14,622 08-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  qme exam billaker 8 8,466 01-24-2014, 12:18 AM
  Injured... need cash fast. Should I ask for a settlement? merk0331 3 4,679 10-10-2012, 04:12 PM
  dealing with a lawyer after settlement wardmacdonald 6 5,999 09-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Last Post: jayne