Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need answers
hello, I'm off work due to a back injury in feb 08. My Dr said i can never do cna work again. my job fired me, I applied for ue and was denied I protested and was denied. they said my Dr said i cant do my customary work. my attorney called and said the defense atty offered a settlement for a very low no. I cant possible live off of for 6 months. my atty said if I fight it I can end up with nothing. I ask for my job back and he said I cant if I cant do my reg duties. I take care of my mom far as driving, laundry and appts. I been doing thing for 5 yrs. he said they can they will fight me and possible have a good change winning because the Dr. said no activity for 9 mths. should I ask for a better no. and can they pay for school for me? Take it or leave it? I tired of fighting I'm young an d new a new career!I'm in MI

no activity for 9 months sounds temporary.
in order to get unemplyment you have to be willing and able to look for work. you can't -so no unemployment until that restriction is dropped.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Were you receiving WC benefits?, If so then I would think if you are still under Dr's care with restrictions that you have not reached MMI and should still receive WC. I would think you would not settle untill your Dr releases you to work. (9 months).
I also was offered a low ball settlement, I refused and they came back with a better offer.
It seems like the first offer is always low, You can refuse. Why is your attorney wanting you to settle?

Kind of sounds like a lawyer that wants to make a few dollars quick. If you are off work because of a work injury then you should be receiving weekly WC checks.

Manley2 Wrote:Kind of sounds like a lawyer that wants to make a few dollars quick. If you are off work because of a work injury then you should be receiving weekly WC checks.
I have never received payments,I have a controlled date set for Aug.5 can they release my weekly payments? if I dont take the offer and its been 1 yr now since I been off work can I apply for ssi for income and go to school?

Tuffy Wrote:Were you receiving WC benefits?, If so then I would think if you are still under Dr's care with restrictions that you have not reached MMI and should still receive WC. I would think you would not settle untill your Dr releases you to work. (9 months).
I also was offered a low ball settlement, I refused and they came back with a better offer.
It seems like the first offer is always low, You can refuse. Why is your attorney wanting you to settle?
no payments ever,now its 1 yr he told me by me working for my mom they can fight and i could end up with nothing....... I want my life back how long does it take for the make another offer......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need some answers elbowinjury101 1 2,544 03-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Help need answers Kuku 13 8,670 05-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Any Answers? dbusic77 14 9,584 01-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Last Post: dbusic77
  Help need answers b8000 4 4,680 07-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Last Post: b8000
  I need some answers. dawnnanette 6 4,184 03-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Last Post: sparkey