Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
permanent restrictions
if i am given permanent restrictions and my work lays me off because of them am i eligible for unemployment?

When I was fired after my doctor put me at mmi with permanent restrictions, unemployment office sent me a letter, that I qualify for unemployment benefits for a whole year, can collect within three years.
I never applied for it and I also never collected because I am still getting timeloss checks and you can't collect both.
Kat

thanks kat, right now not collecting anything, i'm working but probably not for long.

I dont know for sure but are those restrictions for results of wc injury.? Because I think If you are laid off because he has no work for you with those restrictions that WC would have to start paying. Unless maybe if you have settled your case........Sorry but I cant remember your previous post of injury..............Bronco

Yes, you can collect unemployment. The issue is whether or not the dr has released you to work. If he /she has then, yes.

Think about it this way. And individual has a back injury and has permanent restictions of no bending or lifting over ten pounds. The individual gets fire because thier job has no work avaliable with those restrictions. That individual can apply for unemployment because there are jobs that the individual can do. Such as key boarding, record keeping, accountant, ect.ect....
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Buildergirl,
Here in Illinois I was released MMI with permenant restrictions for my back injury, there was no work and I was terminated. I then applied for and was granted unemployment. So yes if you have been released to work by your DR.

I just received another denial letter from ue because I cant do my customary work I am so frustrated!!!!!!I have permanent restrictions of no lifting over 10lbs,no repetitive bending and no lifting. perm. disable from my position. Should I protest again?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  permanent restrictions cha926 1 4,656 10-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Permanent restrictions: Attorney Says I Have to Prove I Can't Find Work and No Pay HadEnuffAlready 8 31,129 11-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Last Post: dtails
  How do I lift my permanent restrictions? brentmarcy 11 25,362 11-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  AME permanent and stationary report and work restrictions jenlesmill 3 15,403 11-11-2011, 06:12 PM
  permanent restrictions bronco54501 6 18,538 04-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Permanent Restrictions in Washington, D.C. dmma 7 12,196 06-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Last Post: dmma
  permanent restrictions causing demotion katson 5 8,184 07-29-2009, 01:44 PM