Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has switched attorneys with success?
As Jayne said plus.

How would you like your Attorney to act and why? Strange question that has only a few answers. If your Attorney didn't talk with those other people off the record, to know where they stand, and where you stand, then neither would be helping anyone. You need to trust your Attorney, as they would only get way less in the end, and they don't wish that. So in general, any Attorney wants what is best for their client. But, deals and such might be made to help the client, the client might have to give something up also.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:As Jayne said plus.

How would you like your Attorney to act and why? Strange question that has only a few answers. If your Attorney didn't talk with those other people off the record, to know where they stand, and where you stand, then neither would be helping anyone. You need to trust your Attorney, as they would only get way less in the end, and they don't wish that. So in general, any Attorney wants what is best for their client. But, deals and such might be made to help the client, the client might have to give something up also.

Honestly, I just want him to keep me updated more often than he does. Nothing more or less. At times, I have left him alone for several weeks. As Jayne stated, it is time for a call. I left word for him to call me and I just want reassurance. Thanks Bad Boy!

I have had My Attorney for going on 4 Years now, and there are Months, while We are Awaiting Either Decisions or Hearing Dates, (There has been 15 Hearings so far) that We haven't Spoken. My Attorney Made Partner in His Firm, and has Either Active or Monitoring and Maintaining, Approx. 130 Cases Himself!! Now Many of those are in the Maintenance Phase, where He only has to Act if there is a Change. He has been Very Good to Me, and as He Said, even though He has Other Cases and Clients, I Only have One Case, MINE, and He Understands when I get Antsy and Call to See if Anything is Happening!! Patience and Trust in Your Attorney are the Paramount Factors You have to have in a w/c Case, I know that's Easily Typed but Hard to do, but You do need to Proceed Successfully!! Best of Luck, and I Hope All gets Straightened Out!!Wink

Whatulooknat

Just like Limbo stated.

As we all want our updates, there are way too many when there are just no updates or any changes. I have been going through this myself since 2000 or 2001. I call my Attorney just to say hello, and make sure their feeling well and such. Or to just shot the bull. I make my Attorney feel like my best friend. I then get the same touching feeling in return. Trust me and the others here. You will never really know how much your Attorney is working on your case, because you can't see what their doing. Meaning all the work being done from one location is blind to us. Sometimes making us think nothing is going on, when plenty is going on. I wouldn't want my Attorney to call me every 2 weeks and update me. Tell me this is what is happening, and waiting for someone to say okay or whatever. Letting me feel like there is some hope for something, and then later find out it didn't work, and something different is in the works. Instead, I would like a call or a letter saying there is some good news, and I then can feel much better. Plus, I would feel much better, and didn't have to dwell on something that may never happen.

If you have a question write them down. Keep them close with you, or by a phone, and when you then talk with your Attorney, explain you have some questions you would like to ask. They will accept, and you then may get some answers, never know till you been there.
Your Attorney knows the stress we as injured people have to go through. No, they can't feel it, but they know. And yes, they will go home and sleep well every night too.

If my Attorney, had to call each of their clients every 2 weeks, they would never have time to work on the injured workers cases that need to be done.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IMR Applications and Attorneys responsibility Shadow 18 8,922 12-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Attorneys upset that I applied for SSDI 7on7off 36 20,684 07-16-2014, 12:01 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Attorneys seem to be pushing Settlement. Jahlil0712 11 12,356 01-26-2014, 02:13 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  not ready for qme attorneys says i cant reschedual riptorn 5 7,844 03-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Attorneys tkl1126 0 2,809 03-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Last Post: tkl1126
  mpn docs or attorneys choice? curley2 22 19,481 11-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Last Post: 1171
Question Attorneys fee amh711 3 4,923 07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  % for Attorneys Fees ? for Settlement 70% and 30% or .333 borninabarn 11 13,735 02-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  attorneys say inpainokla 3 3,792 12-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Your Doctors notes to and from defense attorneys and The insurance carrier? borninabarn 15 15,180 04-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel