Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm scared to death
monster, life brings us challenges all the time whether they are good or bad,we just have to deal with them in our own way, as you know i recently moved from a place i also lived at for 20 years, i feel bad about leaving the town my 82 year old mom lived in, but i have my life and my son's to consider. i can make it to my mom in a little over 2 hours if I have to go back home anyways. I still think about whether i made the right choice but The more I stay here the more I like the choice i made.It is very scary but worth it. Good luck and be careful driving when you are on the move.Love Halftrak
no matter where you're at there you are

Hi Monster,
Just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. The decision you make will be the right one. Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

Monster,
I posted this morning, but it did'nt show up. I will try to sum up what I said.

You are just like anyone else who has to change thier life drasticlly, you will worry if you will be alright, if your doing the right thing, if you'll have enough money and so on.

I went thru so many differant emotions when I was getting ready to move back to CA from PA. I wanted desperatly to be near my daughter and her family, but part of me worried about if I would make enough to afford my rent and bills, also I worried about if I would be able to handle caring for 4 little ones.

I knew that I was leaving a home(my friends) where if I did'nt have rent, there was'nt a problem, I could catch up. I know that I made the right decision for me, I'm happer than I have been in years. My mental clarity is better. I'm still in pain and have all kinds of meds to take, but I'm happy.

I believe that you will know deep down in your heart what the right decision for you is. Personally I think you'll do better after moving, just a feeling I have that this is something you need. Our injuries changed our life drastcally, and that was'nt our choice, making a move such as this is your choice. Good luck

If you do decide to go and be closer to your Dad, I wish you and your furbabies a safe and uneventfull trip. We'll always be a few computer strokes or a phone call away.

Love
Vickie

I too use to have to move around with my family as my father was a veteren administrator. He also had MS and when we made our last move to Texas as a whole family, they told him he was not what they wanted. We gave everything up for the move only to hear this. He was heartbroken and decided that he would want to move back home to where his family all lived as he was dying.

We moved back here to Mass. 34 yrs. ago and he passed away a year later. If it was not for him moving here I would not have the wonderful husband I have and the beautiful daughters and grandkids I have. So you see, everything has a meaning and life takes turns sometimes for the worse but then things always turn out for the better in the long run. You are still young and I think if you stayed in the house it would not give you a chance to move on with your life. I do not know what happened there but it is best to get away from it if something went bad.

I wish you all the luck and I know that you will be happy to get away as you so badly have been trying to do so. If you stay you will regret not leaving like planned. Remember like others have said, you can always come back home to visit. Being near family may be a good thing for you right now. I will be praying for you. Have a safe trip.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Monster

My oldest daughter died in 1995, she was 11 yr old.

Amber was medically fragile and although this was our home, it was her home.
The home had been remodeled to meet her needs, everything had been done with her in mind.

The day Amber died a lot went on in my home, in the end I and my friend the injured nurse transported Amber to a hospital in Wichita.

She died 6 hours after she was admitted to the hospital.

The day after the funeral I packed up Amber's bedroom as I could no longer stay in
"Amber's home"

My husband, youngest daughter, and I moved 10 days after she died to the home we now live in.

To this day I believe the right choice was made in moving as soon as we did after her death.

And it did give us a chance to move on with our lives.

Amber will always be in my heart and I treasure the memories I have.

I do understand your feelings.
Bummer Knees

Thank you all for sharing your stories and thoughts with me. Deep down I do feel that this is the right thing to do. I will have the truck along with my house on wheels but am keeping my car as well so that I can make the trip to see my dad and then the opposite direction I can go and visit my kids and grands when they are in Brownwood.

I now have the money for gas to get there but will have one last garage sale next weekend for some backup cash just in case. I have held on to the convenience items such as my washer and dryer, fridge, the last TV etc so that I could still be comfy during this time.

Now I need to get those things sold and a few more things done such as finishing the roof on the RV (I know, that was supposed to be done long ago but just haven't had the energy and the pain levels are way up there right now). Need to get some good used tires for the car, a spare for the RV and a different muffler on the truck. Still need a hot water heater and I still want a generator but those can wait for awhile. A nice cold shower sounds real good right now, LOL!

Thank you for all the input and your support. I will probably be offline starting late next week for awhile but then I'll be back ASAP as I'll miss you all to much to stay away for long.

Love and hugs,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Monster,as Bill is unable to crawl around on our roof either we got a 6 inch wide roofing tape to go on the seams...you washed it (roof seams)real good with Dawn dish soap and rinsed and then alcholol then put this tape on...the heat from the roof and sun bonds the tape...it was easier than the other stuff and loads cheaper
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I too understand completely! I have a quite expensive show horse, trailer w/ living quarters, and a room full of the best tack and saddles money can buy....that I CANNOT part with (even though I can no longer even ride, lead, brush etc my horse).

I logically should sell everything.....but I simply can't let go of it, as that is the final goodbye and and acceptance of the fact that I'll never be able to do it again.
I just can't do it yet....and maybe never will.

It's also easier on my emotions to just ignore it.

Follow your heart, not necessarily your head or the logical thing.

Good Luck. LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

I tried to ride even after the accident.....Bill would throw the saddle for me but it wasnt the plesant experience it used to be......I sold it all and walked away ......to see the horses and know I couldnt ever ride again was depressing...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pastor On His Death Bed Cervical_Fusion 2 2,685 01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  I have never been so scared jayne 6 4,017 11-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  are you scared? jayne 12 6,064 05-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Last Post: jayne
  bored to death chrischris 11 8,538 07-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Trial on friend's death underway Bummer Knees 9 8,189 05-28-2010, 11:04 PM
  Trial on friend's death to start next month Bummer Knees 2 4,173 03-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Last Post: red1030
  Death by fixodent? jayne 15 12,294 11-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Prayer request Death in Family Bad Boy Bad Boy 26 19,351 11-10-2009, 11:47 PM
  death of a salesman hurt at work 2 2,806 01-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  til death do us part hurt at work 5 4,294 01-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Last Post: buildergirl1973