Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm scared to death
The closer I get to getting out of here the more worried and scared I am. I am leaving my life completely behind. My friends of 20+ years, my boyfriend (yeah, I know we are up and down but I still love him dearly). Everything that I have known since 1985 is about to be gone. I have almost sold my entire life including Randy's. At one moment I feel like this is a good thing and the next I feel like I'm making a huge mistake.

The bank made me one helluva of an offer to keep the house but I declined. I just can't stay here after what happened yet I don't know if I can go either. I'm so confused.

Sorry to come here with this, I think change will be good but what if it isn't???
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

a move is always scary................Are you doing the right thing ?only you can answer that.......its hard leaving all you know behind...but one thing you dont leave behind is us....we go where you go...........love ya
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne's Right Sweetie, You couldn't Shake Us if You Tried!! Fear Comes and Goes, and Only You know what Your Heart is telling You to do, and I'm Behind You 100% on whatever You Decide!! Sometimes the First step is the Hardest, and then Each One gets a Bit Easier!! You'll make the Right Decision!!Smile

Monster- the move may be scary now but look at it as a aventure with a long vacation. Your friends will always be your freinds and you can call as well as email them. Plus it give you a place to go visit. We have moved quite a few times and always wonder if it is the right thing. But after the move glad we made the move.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Hi Monster

Okay deep breath, in, now out, see thats better! Laughing

I understand where you are comming from.

My storage room is packed with boxes because I can't part with the past.

Look at this as an opportunity!

Love ya,
Bummer Knees

Monster... I understand how you are feeling. It is very difficult to make a change like you are doing. I did it to some extent when we left our home in Cherry Hill. However, I guess the biggest change was when I enlisted in the US Navy at the age of 32. I had a 14 yo. 12 yo. and a 9 yo...and I just up and put my life in someone else hands. I thought that I was going to move to Norfork VA and they sent me to Phila... strange uh? THe first year was difficult but after that was great and I look back on it and know in my heart it was the best decision I have ever made... and I believe that you will do the same. You wil never leave your friends... you have a computer, it will get your any where very quickly...and YOU could never loose any of US.... good luck sweetie...let me know before you actually get on the road ok... love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Monster,
I totally understand your fear. I tried doing that when I was first married by moving to New Orleans. Not far from where I was born and raised but a much bigger city. After moving a month later I decided the big city was not for me and I moved back. Always remember, if you are not happy where ever you end up you can always go back. Remember, you have a home on wheels now and can go anyplace you wish. I know you feel like you cannot find happiness right now but you will find that once again in your life. It may take some time but you will be setteled someplace, make new friends and yes, you will never lose the friends you have made on this forum. We are all only a peck of the keyboard away. Like others have said, where you go we will always be there waiting for you. Just take your time, try to relax with your ideas and look forward to going on an adventure. You will be venturing out so just try to have fun with it. You are your own person and I know you will make the right decisions. No matter what, if the wrong decision is made, you have control and can always make the adjustments you need to make to correct things. I have faith in you my friend. All will be just fine for you. Love ya and God Bless you!

Cajun Hugssssssssssss,
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

Just think of it this way " You are going home" 20 years is not even half of a lifetime, there are many years ahead, and who knows what they will bring, New, and old friends, relatives (your dad) a new adventure, just pretend you are camping, a long vacation.
Taking the first step is always the hardest, and you have done that by deciding to go. You will never be alone , you have your furries and your computer, and we are only a call away.
Things will be ok, and besides you will be closer to those that want to see and visit with you. You never know who will show up at your doorstep once you are settled..

So hit the road my friend and enjoy your travels and all the sights. Also just think of all on here who have bought campers,(motor homes ) and are planning to get together, Now you can think about joining them.......Just stay away from those men's rooms on your journey LOL

Hun I think this is going to be one of the best things that could happen to you......I'm not sure why, but I get a really good feeling about it. Now like the others said take a deep breath and do what you know you want to do. You wouldn't have passed up the banks offer if you hadn't already made up your mind. Love ya and take care. Backache
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

Monster,

Taking that first step is always the hardest. I know. I have done it many times in my life. Although I don't regret taking that first step, some of the things that occurred later were regrettable. But if it weren't for taking that step, I wouldn't be where I am today.

It is a big decision to leave all that you are familiar with behind. But going forward will provide you the opportunity for new and exciting adventures, as well as being close to your family... and heck... you will be less than a half days drive from me as well Big Grin .. so there is even more family than you thought. And the rest of your forum family is but cyberspace away. You will be creating a new future and building new memories to share. And your forum family will be with you no matter where you plant your feet.

And you know, if you don't do it now, while the opportunity presents itself, you won't do it later either. So put on your big girl panties ~LOL~ and gitrdone Big Grin You never know what you may miss if you don't take the chance now.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pastor On His Death Bed Cervical_Fusion 2 2,673 01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  I have never been so scared jayne 6 4,006 11-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  are you scared? jayne 12 6,050 05-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Last Post: jayne
  bored to death chrischris 11 8,494 07-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Trial on friend's death underway Bummer Knees 9 8,141 05-28-2010, 11:04 PM
  Trial on friend's death to start next month Bummer Knees 2 4,158 03-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Last Post: red1030
  Death by fixodent? jayne 15 12,245 11-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Prayer request Death in Family Bad Boy Bad Boy 26 19,290 11-10-2009, 11:47 PM
  death of a salesman hurt at work 2 2,800 01-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  til death do us part hurt at work 5 4,276 01-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Last Post: buildergirl1973