Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compensation and recovery for pain and suffering
Question 

.jpg   DSC00416.JPG (Size: 142.88 KB / Downloads: 18) I received second degree burns on both hands while etching a tool from a pot containing hot (375 degree) rubberlike coating for tooling. It was placed on a container lid on top of a bookcase. which was narrower than the tray lid. I was knelt down etching the tool, and when i went to get up, I pushed down on the tray lid, which tipped over, spilling the pot on my hands. This happened at 9:30pm June 26, 2009. The plant I work at went on furlough(1 week layoff) the next week(June29-July3). I am being asked to use my vacation and personal time for the following week, July 6-July 10 to cover my waiting time. I was in extreme pain and on oxycodone for those two weeks, have been to the hospital twice and a plastic surgeon three times, the first of which he removed the blisters from my hands. I have pictures of my fingers, which almost made my girlfriend throw up. What recourse do I have at this time? I am still out of work, subject to the next visit to the plastic surgeon on July 20.
The man in charge of saftey at the plant saw my hands while at a local restaurant, and changes have been made at work to anchor the tray on which the pot sat. In my opinion the pot is still a saftey hazard, due to it's design.

call OSHA it wont net you a penny but they may be fined.......WC is a no fault and they do not pay for pain and suffering...they do pay for your Doc visits and meds and about 66% of your wages while the doc has you off...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

you are limited to workers comp benefits which vary by state.
the majority of the benefits are for lost time and medical.
Depending on degree of recovery and long term effects there may be additional monies available.
some states have additional benefits if there was a safety violation involved but depends on state.
you should contact your union rep and/or safety representative and alert them to potential problems.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

W/C is State Specific, and I'm in Pa., and I know there is no Allowance for Pain and Suffering Here. There is Payment for Scarring on the Face Neck and Head, and Possibly Hands, so if You give Us Your State, I'm Sure Someone would be able to give You a Better Answer!! I Wish You the Best, and Hope You Heal and Your Pain Lessens Soon!!

According to the law in Connecicut you are entitled to a settlement . Do you have a lawyer ? LPNCT

Exclamation 
Mark Wrote:I received second degree burns on both hands while etching a tool from a pot containing hot (375 degree) rubberlike coating for tooling. It was placed on a container lid on top of a bookcase. which was narrower than the tray lid. I was knelt down etching the tool, and when i went to get up, I pushed down on the tray lid, which tipped over, spilling the pot on my hands. This happened at 9:30pm June 26, 2009. The plant I work at went on furlough(1 week layoff) the next week(June29-July3). I am being asked to use my vacation and personal time for the following week, July 6-July 10 to cover my waiting time. I was in extreme pain and on oxycodone for those two weeks, have been to the hospital twice and a plastic surgeon three times, the first of which he removed the blisters from my hands. I have pictures of my fingers, which almost made my girlfriend throw up. What recourse do I have at this time? I am still out of work, subject to the next visit to the plastic surgeon on July 20.
The man in charge of saftey at the plant saw my hands while at a local restaurant, and changes have been made at work to anchor the tray on which the pot sat. In my opinion the pot is still a saftey hazard, due to it's design.

I am in North Carolina, sorry I did not post this on my original inquest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pain and suffering Manley2 19 10,347 01-19-2018, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Gabriel's My Angel
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 3,137 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  recovery time rickandsandy 3 4,241 11-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Med recovery management Speedyro1970 2 6,003 08-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Speedyro1970
  My Recovery after laser surgery darrinb 15 14,717 07-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: jayc123
  Want to take charge of my recovery Lostinsystem 1 3,295 02-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  After settlement letter from WC recovery service badbehavior 4 10,715 09-08-2010, 11:14 AM
  3 level laminectomy-diskectomy,recovery highdesertguy 2 10,793 03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
  Suffering psych client ssaattyca 4 4,398 02-16-2010, 12:38 PM
  recovery from back surgery highdesertguy 20 19,660 02-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Last Post: kit