• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statute Of Limitations?
I was injured on April 30th, 2008 in Johnson County, Kansas,
(KC area) had to go to the emergency room etc. I returned to
work after being off for two weeks and then left my job could not
work and now it is july 10th, 2009 and my injury is much worse,
can I reopen my case for much needed treatment and filing
a workmans comp. claim, is it too late? Help with professional
information and a really Great Lawyer if I can reopen my claim?

MW

not sure of Kansas rules but Bummer knees is from Kansas and might be able to give you a bit more info....welcome
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

"A written claim must be filed with the employer within 200 days of the date of accident or date of last payment of compensation for disability or date of last authorized medical care.
You may take the written claim to the employer and obtain a receipt for it or you can mail it to the employer by certified mail, return receipt requested. You cannot obtain a hearing before an administrative law judge unless you meet the following deadlines: filing an application for hearing within three (3) years of the date of accident or within two (2) years of the last payment of compensation, whichever is later."

http://www.dol.ks.gov/wc/html/kwc136(Rev-02-06).pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am also from Kansas.

I was injured in 2005, had surgery, reached MMI and my medical was closed.

I continued to have medical problems from my injury and hired an attorney to reopen my claim.

My attorney sent me for a medical evaluation and scheduled a court hearing to reopen my claim.

Yes, you can reopen your claim, althiugh I would advise you hire an attorney.

Go to the top of the page to comp yellow pages and I believe you will find information on attorneys for Kansas. Might also try the yellow banner at the top of the page.

Good luck!
Bummer Knees

Bummer Knees Wrote:I am also from Kansas.

I was injured in 2005, had surgery, reached MMI and my medical was closed.

I continued to have medical problems from my injury and hired an attorney to reopen my claim.

My attorney sent me for a medical evaluation and scheduled a court hearing to reopen my claim.

Yes, you can reopen your claim, althiugh I would advise you hire an attorney.

Go to the top of the page to comp yellow pages and I believe you will find information on attorneys for Kansas. Might also try the yellow banner at the top of the page.

Good luck!
Bummer Knees

I appreciate your input, it is very similar to my situation.
Thx

1171 Wrote:"A written claim must be filed with the employer within 200 days of the date of accident or date of last payment of compensation for disability or date of last authorized medical care.
You may take the written claim to the employer and obtain a receipt for it or you can mail it to the employer by certified mail, return receipt requested. You cannot obtain a hearing before an administrative law judge unless you meet the following deadlines: filing an application for hearing within three (3) years of the date of accident or within two (2) years of the last payment of compensation, whichever is later."

http://www.dol.ks.gov/wc/html/kwc136(Rev-02-06).pdf

I stated im my short message, JOHNSON COUNTY KANSAS!

MW, I don't Understand Your Reply to 1171, they gave You a Kansas Website Verse and Page Address to go to??

MW

If you worked in Kansas, then work comp would be per Kansas law.
That is why 1171 gave you the Kansas Department of Labor web site, this is the state agency over Kansas work comp.

If you were employed on the Missouri side of Kansas City then this would be
work comp per Missouri state laws.

P.S. this board won't include the document address in the hotlink url so you have to copy and paste the full address.
--notice only part of the link is in blue. you have to add the parenthesis information manually.

Maybe there is another Kansas....
MW:
this is the 3rd planet from the sun in the Milky Way.
where are you posting from?
tornadoes?, yellow brick roads?, munchkins,?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I do believe the statement in his signature may have been misunderstood or taken as part of his answer
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Statue of Limitations Shadow 6 2,542 08-30-2017, 08:49 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Pennsylvania statute of limitations parkerama 1 1,013 03-28-2017, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Time limitations Clark 4 1,311 03-17-2017, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Statue of Limitations Shadow 2 5,172 03-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Shadow
  Need help finding statute :-( NVworker 2 3,711 09-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Last Post: NVworker
  Virginia W/C Statue of Limitations? J.C. 5 9,931 08-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Will this effect my statute of limitations? I hurt 3 3,978 03-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Last Post: 1171
  INDIANA STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS divechic26 2 11,393 02-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Last Post: divechic26
  CA-New-Discharged fm Co how long statute Hannah1 5 4,353 02-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Hannah1
  Statute of Limitations rastis2002 2 3,735 09-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Last Post: rastis2002