Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my boss screwed me
about 6 months ago i was at work and i managed to cut the top of ym finger off. My boss was out of town so we called him to see what to do. he told me to go to the hospital and then bring him the bill and he would pay it. i never got hurt at work before so i didnt know how workmans comp works so i didnt know i was supposed to tell them it happened at work. i brought him the bill and he wont pay it. so basically he told me the wrong thing to do so he didnt have to deal with workmans comp and he refuses to pay the bill and im pretty sure he never had any intention of paying it. Is there anything i can do or am i pretty much stuck with the bill.

You first need to tell us the State it is in. You can also edit your profile to apply your State there for us. State information helps us help you.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

you can file directly with the carrier or work comp board.

taking time to learn the laws before you need them avoids problems in the long run.
This board is a good example of why that is important -- especially when it involves you health and livelihood.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Me Personally, I would have Handled it with a Good Back Hand over the Bosses Mouth, but that's Probably not the Correct Route!Smile Seriously, I would Contact Your States w/c System,and Explain Exactly what Happened, and See what They have to Say about it! When it's All Said and done, they May have to Pay, and Possibly Pay a Penalty Fee!!Wink

P.S.- Please let Us know what State You are in, it Helps a Great Deal when Answering!!Smile

Be sure to visit the link at the top of this page marked State info . click on your state. I think the "dealing with your employer " section might be of interest to you .
7 Yr survivor of the NY State workers compensation system

Since you went to the hospital, just what did you tell them on how this had happened, and where it happened?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boss denied doctor after injury Sonomaco 1 288 04-29-2019, 11:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  AZ, boss doesn't want to go through WC for my injury, what should I do? TruckerLynn 4 1,973 08-24-2017, 11:36 PM
  Screwed over 2 times, Too many Garbman21 1 2,494 08-20-2012, 11:27 PM
  I think I screwed up totally, Now what to do?? In Tennessee Tizz 6 7,863 10-30-2011, 02:59 PM
  Boss trying to get me to quit. rovertdude 2 6,968 06-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Boss won't file WC for hubby and I am afraid to do it... hellokitty 3 4,703 05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Hubby injured his back on a job, boss says he will not file a WC claim.. hellokitty 3 5,098 05-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  I think im being lied to or my boss is trying to screw me over. frenchfri47 3 8,235 03-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Screwed In TEXAS mjob2206 10 10,138 03-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Last Post: ms.broken wing 07
  screwed by insurance co littlecindylouhoo 8 7,711 10-06-2010, 11:44 AM