Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple injuries
Question 
Hey everyone,
I just found this place and after reading about 5 or 6 posts I new this would be a good place to visit.

I am a Male 44yrs from Oklahoma...I'm Married (18yrs) and have a 7 yr old son who is my world.

I also have a question you may be able to shed some light on.....

In Dec. 07 I was in a no fault MVA I had to have knee surgery right away! and I did ...It went fair!...then I had surgery on my lumbar (2 level 360) after exhausting all other options first...I'm still healing and think it was a good move.....now the question I have is....My 3rd injury was to my Thoracic area....T8-9 bulges ...very painful and debilitating....the problem is doctors dont like to do surgery in this area....it's risky if you can even find a competent doctor who does this....It involves alot....I think I will live with this injury without doing the surgery.....How will they rate my injury without me trying to improve it?

I'm in chronic pain but I can deal with it without pain meds for the most part....I was never big on meds anyway.....I'm worried they will make light of my injury that is the most painful of the three I've had.
"You can't fix a problem with the same level of thinking that created it to begin with"

was this a work injury?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Yes, It's work related....I was in Route Sales and in a company truck when this all happend.
"You can't fix a problem with the same level of thinking that created it to begin with"

Oklahoma uses the AMA guide to impairment rating to determine permanent partial disability benefits.
you can contact the court counselors for specific information
http://www.owcc.state.ok.us/WCC%20Counselors.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks 1171....I actually was aware of the AMA guide but was unsure how it works with an untreated injury like Im up against....However, I wasn't aware of the fact you can contact a councelor....I will do so next week.

"untreated"?
it's specifically designed for those who don't achieve full recovery.
that's what ppd is.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Full recovery from surgery?....Im not going to have a surgery and this is why I ask. Im concerned about not having a surgery. Maybe I should look at the guide again.

Thank you!

I didnt have surgery either the Docs said it would do more damage than good...so I was given a rating based on my current condition and restrictions since they were permanant
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Thanks jayne......its easy to get lost in the WC system.

You, the patient, can always decline surgery. My understanding is that the injury will be rated "as is" in that case.

Badcompany Wrote:Thanks jayne......its easy to get lost in the WC system.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Multiple injuries momzilla1988 1 1,082 04-18-2020, 05:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
Question Will I get an impairment rating on multiple levels of my spine at MMI examination? Kappa6m3 3 3,778 07-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Texas_IME
  Multiple body parts RickettK321 3 2,381 01-17-2018, 05:14 AM
Last Post: jadney65
  utah multiple amputations on left hand terin7fingers 3 2,838 04-19-2017, 06:25 PM
  What to expect after multiple surgeries KingRichard 2 1,633 03-14-2017, 07:05 PM
  NC - perm partial disability - multiple MDs to rate the part for different Dx HeyNowNC 3 3,418 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM
  Partially Denied Multiple Body Parts Claims. Please HELP! neckpain101 6 6,627 07-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Carpal tunnel Against multiple employers Cb3 3 4,418 01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Cb3
  multiple losses from injury, compensation for one. lifeasweknowit 3 4,066 07-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Question multiple injury jmaughan 6 5,231 07-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy