Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW, this Site has been Very Slow!!
Hi all... I am still alive and kicking also. I have been reading and also not posting much. My days have been very filled and I just can't seem to catch my tail... I do this to myself however, so I should not whine about it... for example..I decided last night about 1 am that instead of going to bed I was going to clean my new apartment top to bottom. The apartment isn't all that big, but it is three floors ... which is difficult for me anyway... but I am just very slow now. Then at 1 pm today I was down with my apartment cleaning (every room as 1-2 sliding glass doors which take forever to clean) I had to start dinner for my daughter and her family. I made a mexican feast tonight for all and home made ice cream with chocolate cupcakes... the grand kids loved it. Now my house is torn apart again because of three little munkins and all the cooking... so my delima...do I sleep or do I stay awake and clean...my body says it is bed time.... so soon that is what I am going to do...tomorrow is another day. Good to see all of you... I miss you all when you are not on the site. Love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Not much going on here. Been back to the hospital twice this last month. Due to the pain in my arm and swelling. Doppler study and they don't know what is causing the arm to swell. At least they didn't find any blood clots so feel lucky there.
We are looking for a place to move over in Petersburg as the land lord put the house on the market and it seem every day they are showing it. Using the time left to start packing.
Hope I get to pick my garden before we move. Have tomatoes, peppers, beans, onions, lettuce, squash, cucumbers .

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

I have been on, but its usually between 2 and 4 AM. My pain is bothering me a great deal. It has always been more to the lower left lumbar and down the left leg, which I am use to. Now within the last month or so it is also radiating to the right and down the right leg. My PCP has not been able to get any reflexes in the right knee my last two visits. No reflexes in either ankle for months. The pinching , that is the only way to explain it, is horrible in my lower lumbar region. I have even been taking my Percocet on a very regular basis (see Still and Red I do listen to you), but it doesn't seem to be helping. I wish we could all just have a few good days, I'll even take just one now and then.
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

I am still around also. I got my results from the mylogram yesterday. The good news is there is no scar tissue build up. The bad news is, my condition will always be the way it is. Thats O K.. We all know there is somethings that we will just have to get use to.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I'm so Glad to Hear from Everyone, Thanks for Posting, but I'm Sorry to See so Many Problems!! It just seems to run in Cycles doesn't it? I Have about 3 or 4 Major Problems going on, and I know it's Adding to My Stress Levels, and Instead of trying in Earnest to Settle, My Employer is sending Me for another IME this Month, and then they are going to Offer Me another Job, to try and get Me on the 500 Week Clock here in Pa., which will Lower the Value of My Settlement. I am also Fighting SSDI over an Overpayment they Feel, which is a High Number, and also My Liver Problems!! I am waiting Patiently for the w/c Judge to Make a Decision that will allow Me to go to the Commonwealth Level, out of the w/c System, and if I Win there, My Settlement amount Value will Double!! So it's Who gets to the Winning Point first, and See where Things End!! It's Probably going to be another 2-3 Years at Least, it's a Shame I Worked up to 16 Hrs. per Day, spent the Winters in the South for Weeks at a Time away from My Family, Made V.I.P. Rank in Record Time, there are Drivers there 10 Years that didn't have that Rating, and now I'm just a Liability to them, and they don't even want to Settle for what I would have Made in 2 Years!!! My God no Wonder this Country is going to He**, the Courts, Attorneys and Employers are the Only Ones Winning!!! We just have to set and wait, and Pray to God that We can at Least Hold Some of Our Pride, and be able to Feed Our Families!! And the Private Investigators are Working as Teams, and 24/7, I feel Like a Major Arms Dealer to the Taliban for God's Sake, they Document My Every Move Outside the House!! Sorry Had to Vent, Maybe if My Problems are Worse than Yours, and I Hope for You they are, Maybe Mine will Make You feel a Bit Better! Keep Your Heads High, Stay the Course, and Fight Your A** Off so They Can't Win!!Smile

Still In Limbo I you do have your share of challenges!

When my daughter was on SSI there was a HUGE overpayment and I went thru the appeals process as in no way was the overpayment my fault and I did not have the funds to pay SSA for the overpayment, at that point in my life I couldn't afford the 10% to be deducted from her check.

I took the steps to appeal and SSA kept saying I stilled owed them the money and I kept appealing, I won in the end and did not pay back the money.

Of course it was a very stressful time, my daughter was very medically fragile and while this was going on she (1 year) and was admitted to the hospital 27 different times, don't know how many ER and outpatient visits.

What I am saying evaluate the repayment options, and the stress of fighting the overpayment, then decide what you are able to do.

Saying prayers for my good friend.
Bummer Knees

Thanks Bummer!! I have already Applied for a Waiver, been Denied, had the Face to Face Meeting with the Rep. at the Office, and was Denied again, and I now have to go before an ALJ 30 Miles One Way for Me, and 60 Miles One Way for My Attorney. Thank the Lord for Him, He is doing this for No Charge, and it will take 12-18 Months to get a Hearing! And while that waiting is going on, they are Deducting from My Check Each Month!! The amount they are Subtracting could be Paying 2 of My Bills Monthly, and now I have to Tighten the Belt a Bit Tighter!! But I'll Keep Up the Fight, and Hopefully My Outcome will be the Same as Yours! Thanks Again My Friend, and Have a Great Day!!Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Above All, Trust in the Slow Work of God bodybuilder1958 1 2,661 07-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Last Post: red1030
Cool PC Slow ? Spring Cleaning Time Made Simple. Bad Boy Bad Boy 5 4,270 03-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Guess I am a little slow...... Bummer Knees 10 5,947 09-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Cool this is a real web site check it out! hurt at work 1 2,371 07-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Last Post: jayne
  good ssd web site hurt at work 1 1,700 06-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Slow system collateraldamage5591 2 1,849 03-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  I'm slow, But still here ! Bad Boy Bad Boy 16 5,328 12-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  ssdi site halftrak 2 1,730 12-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Last Post: halftrak
  An inspirational site/here are just a few of the pictures CRABBY 3 2,069 11-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Amazing Video- give it chance it starts out slow but big impact CRABBY 2 3,572 11-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Last Post: jayne